997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Huper Optik window tints???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 PM
blazinginder is infamous around these parts
Arrow Huper Optik window tints???

Has anyone here had Huper Optik 30 or HO 20 tint put on their car? If so can you post some pictures or give me a link to your pics??

I'm looking to get my car tinted at The Art of Tint in NYC (www.theartoftint.com) but before I do I need to decide whether I want to go with the 30 or the 20 from Huper optik...my car is blue on beige and I want to keep the classy look to it but want just a little privacy and the UV protection from tint but without the black film look

Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
Interested too

Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I found dozens of photos of both products on google images. Try there.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Denvertsteve - from what I've seen on google images, it seems like there's such a huge contrast between the photos people post with the same HO 30 on their cars...some look much darker than others so I'm not clear as to the true look on these type of cars.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:15 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I've used it and prefer the 30. Make sure your installer is good - the Huper material is a lot thicker than other product and more difficult to install...and it will take longer(sometimes up to a month) for all the bubbles to disappear. It's a great product. Unfortunately where I live now, no good installer. I've switched to Formula One Pinnacle 35 and have been satisfied.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I've used it and prefer the 30. Make sure your installer is good - the Huper material is a lot thicker than other product and more difficult to install...and it will take longer(sometimes up to a month) for all the bubbles to disappear. It's a great product. Unfortunately where I live now, no good installer. I've switched to Formula One Pinnacle 35 and have been satisfied.

Do you have pics of the HO 30 on your car when you had it? The installer is VERY good so I'm definitely going with Huper film, leaning towards 30 but just don't have a real feel for what it'd look like A. On a Porsche and B. a lighter interior

Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blazinginder
Do you have pics of the HO 30 on your car when you had it? The installer is VERY good so I'm definitely going with Huper film, leaning towards 30 but just don't have a real feel for what it'd look like A. On a Porsche and B. a lighter interior
Here's one - interior is terra

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Here's one - interior is terra
Wow I have to agree that HO 30 maybe the right % to go with, just enough privacy and still a good look.

From an angle, looking at it standing in front of the car but to the side, did the tint have that nice shiny mirror/silverish look to it?

SORRY for all the questions!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Jimania is infamous around these parts
First, don't overpay! Eastman just bought a company named Solutia which already owned Huper Optik, Llumar, Vista, Gila, FormulaOne, V-Kool and several other window tint companies. Almost all window films are made by the same film manufacturing company. You can save money and get an equally good, or better value, product by using 3M or Llumar window tinting films. From my experience in working with tinting companies I think that Huper Optik, although a decent product, is very overpriced and overrated.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
I recently tinted my car... This tint is not dark at all. My 535xiT is also tinted 35% with a different brand it looks much darker. One thing I don't like about the tint on my Porsche is how it distorts light on the rear window. When a car behind me has it's lights on, you see a green/red prism above and below the headlight on the car. This is very annoying and also makes it a little more difficult when trying to figure out what type of car is behind me. I've never had any other brand of tint produce such a strange distortion. I think it is caused by the rear defogger lines. I don't see this on the side windows.

Huper Optik 35% That is the legal limit for tint in MA.

Name:  IMG_1090.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  182.6 KB

Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
chiguy79 is infamous around these parts
That HO30 looks good!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
What percent tint is legal in NJ?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
What percent tint is legal in NJ?
Any % on the rear windshield and rear side windows is legal in NJ. Any tint on the front windows/windshield is illegal.

But I would tint everything except the windshield regardless of the law ...also why I dont have a front plate on the 911, just the rear

Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
i have HO30 and it rocks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Huper Optik window tints???