997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Smart Top Chirp Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM
dastro has a spectacular aura aboutdastro has a spectacular aura about
Smart Top Chirp Question

Hello,

I just installed the Smart Top by Mod4Cars and had a couple questions. Does anyone know which of the 2 lock/unlock sounds is louder, the "beeper" or "horn" options? (beeper is first option, horn is second on the setup)

Also, for remote opening/closing, is the distance limited? I can lock/unlock the car from a hundred feet or so, but can only open/close from about 20 or so. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dastro
Hello,

I just installed the Smart Top by Mod4Cars and had a couple questions. Does anyone know which of the 2 lock/unlock sounds is louder, the "beeper" or "horn" options? (beeper is first option, horn is second on the setup)

Also, for remote opening/closing, is the distance limited? I can lock/unlock the car from a hundred feet or so, but can only open/close from about 20 or so. Thanks in advance for your input.
The horn should be much louder. But why not just try each and see which one you like the most? My remote activates the top from more than 20 feet usually, but it isn't as responsive at longer distances as door lock/unlock feature Probably related to the need to press and hold for top operation.