997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo hack on the way

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BLKonBLK911C4S
I posted in a new Thread (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/997/272468-gundo-hack-complete.html).....The) sound is awesome. I only went with a 1 3/4 and I am very happy. Since my car is a daily driver i did not want anything too ear shattering
Your link isn't working sir!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BLKonBLK911C4S
Originally Posted by slick911
BLKonBLK,

Post your thoughts after yours is done.
I posted in a new Thread (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html).....The sound is awesome. I only went with a 1 3/4 and I am very happy. Since my car is a daily driver i did not want anything too ear shattering
Sweet! I'll check it out.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Ooh, I just saw this thread, thanks for posting the write up! Thanks for posting what tools you need too. Rep up!

Last edited by Scoper; 04-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Ooh, I just saw this thread, thanks for posting the write up! Thanks for posting what tools you need too. Rep up!
Scoper,
PM replied.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
BLKonBLK911C4S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Your link isn't working sir!!!
LOL. you are fast....I edited seconds after i posted it.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Dumb question: I have a 997.2 now...are the side mufflers the same as 997.1 ? They certainly look the same from your pics. Any difference between Carrera and Carrera S side mufflers ?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by chance6
Dumb question: I have a 997.2 now...are the side mufflers the same as 997.1 ? They certainly look the same from your pics. Any difference between Carrera and Carrera S side mufflers ?
I think they are a little bit different but the principle of the hack is the same, just bridging the two pipes together. The picture was on a base Carrera 997.2 so I'm not sure what the Carrera S looks like. I'm sure somebody would chime in on that.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Disclaimer: Throaty sound is very addictive!!!

Almost two months now after I did the Gundo Hack. I often find my right foot getting heavy just to feed my ears. lol. Note to self: Look for black & white.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I had the Gundo Hack and then watched the IPC Innotech Valvetronic advertising videos and said I want that sound. I bought and had the IPC muffler installed and it sounded absolutely nothing like the video. Well "that sound" in the video was for a de-cat (no catalytic converter) exhaust. I have the apples to apples comparison, on the same car with the same exhaust. The answer, the Gundo sounded better!! Go Gundo!

Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
thanks for the writeup! now I will have to think about doing this to my 997.2. can u pm me your welding guy?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
PM sent.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Props for the "Gundo hack"

Guys - you make me want to weep with joy that you all are getting so much pleasure out of this hack! Goosebumps!

And yes, that bead is pretty amazing - looks better than any I've seen.

As an update, I'm running some AWE cans right now, that sound pretty decent, though not as loud as the Gundo hack, but lighter than factory by a goodly amount.

After reading this, I'm ready to rip them off, and have them hacked. It might be a first, having an aftermarket set of cans hacked, but what the heck, I'm sure it will be epic.

Thanks for all the props to the Gundo hack - they've taken on a life of their own.

Here's a little video treat for ya - me at Limerock, running Gundo hacks and 200 Cell Cats from Fabspeed - by far the best exhaust set-up I've ever run.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...4zU?feat=email

Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gundo
Guys - you make me want to weep with joy that you all are getting so much pleasure out of this hack! Goosebumps!

As an update, I'm running some AWE cans right now, that sound pretty decent, though not as loud as the Gundo hack, but lighter than factory by a goodly amount.

After reading this, I'm ready to rip them off, and have them hacked. It might be a first, having an aftermarket set of cans hacked, but what the heck, I'm sure it will be epic.

Thanks for all the props to the Gundo hack - they've taken on a life of their own.

Here's a little video treat for ya - me at Limerock, running Gundo hacks and 200 Cell Cats from Fabspeed - by far the best exhaust set-up I've ever run.

Thank you, I m enjoying mine too. Nice to meet you, not sure what this GUNDO name was about. LOL.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
How much louder does it get with the sport cats? Do the sport cats get you a nice burble sound?

Originally Posted by Gundo

Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Gundo,
U da man!! The least I can do is thanking u for saving me $$$ that would otherwise went to PSE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gundo hack on the way