997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone Considered XKR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Not at all. After 80 cars and even seeing a bit of gray hair on my chin at the age of 35 I'm far beyond requiring the approval of strangers. Besides, this is a Porsche section! I'm just a car enthusiast and sharing with other car nuts. For those here that are like me and appreciate everything - they may like to learn more about a car they perhaps never paid attention to and enjoy the vid.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new purchase.
My first and probably last experience with the Jag dealership was when I was in my late 30's about 5 years ago. I stopped into the showroom afterwork (so I was wearing decent clothes) and I was asking questions about the XKR. The salesperson brushed me off and asked me to come back in when I had more money. Since that time I've been reluctant to go back, and if I do I'm bringing my tax return, LOL

Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evoking
Thought some of you might like this... The 175 is slightly softer than my modded XKR will be with springs, exhaust, pulley and wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bByMkAmuSxo
This video illustrates why a Porsche fan does not care for that type of car.

Just at the end: "this car is an animal; it should be driving in formula drift not ALMS..." Enough said!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dk10438
Congrats on the new purchase.
My first and probably last experience with the Jag dealership was when I was in my late 30's about 5 years ago. I stopped into the showroom afterwork (so I was wearing decent clothes) and I was asking questions about the XKR. The salesperson brushed me off and asked me to come back in when I had more money. Since that time I've been reluctant to go back, and if I do I'm bringing my tax return, LOL
The sales guy you spoke to has long since moved on the selling used cars. It's safe to go back in now.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 PM
zanwar is infamous around these partszanwar is infamous around these parts
Not at all. After 80 cars and even seeing a bit of gray hair on my chin at the age of 35 I'm far beyond requiring the approval of strangers. Besides, this is a Porsche section! I'm just a car enthusiast and sharing with other car nuts. For those here that are like me and appreciate everything - they may like to learn more about a car they perhaps never paid attention to and enjoy the vid.
Congrats on your new car. I've always like the XKR. The styling is absolutely spot on. One of the few cars I've found to be desirable compared to the 911. Did you go for an XKR with the dynamic pack?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
That is a very weird showroom experience that just about sounds unbelievable. I would definitely not judge a brand by the behavior of an obviously crazy employee. Btw, it's interesting that your sales experience was so bad when Jag actually ranks the highest in sales satisfaction according to JD Power! http://www.jaguar.com/us/en/about_jaguar/accolades/

Old 04-04-2012, 11:47 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
The XKRS looks great, but I rather drive a 911

Old 04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
That is a very weird showroom experience that just about sounds unbelievable. I would definitely not judge a brand by the behavior of an obviously crazy employee. Btw, it's interesting that your sales experience was so bad when Jag actually ranks the highest in sales satisfaction according to JD Power! http://www.jaguar.com/us/en/about_jaguar/accolades/
I don't know about weird but it was quite annoying. I was actually pretty pissed and felt like talking to the manager and bring him my tax return just to show them that I could buy their car. In the end, it wasn't worth my trouble but I've never forgotten the humiliation. I have a lot more grey hair now so maybe they'll take a little time to answer some of my questions.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dk10438
I don't know about weird but it was quite annoying. I was actually pretty pissed and felt like talking to the manager and bring him my tax return just to show them that I could buy their car. In the end, it wasn't worth my trouble but I've never forgotten the humiliation. I have a lot more grey hair now so maybe they'll take a little time to answer some of my questions.
Based on your experiance that's why I don't buy Mercedes. I was treated like a sub standard person because when my wife and I went to look at the MB Coupes and compare to the 3 Series from BMW, they acted like I wasn't good enough to even take a test drive!! I too was dress plain, no business suit or labeled clothing to portray status. BMW dealer gave me the keys and told me to bring it back when I was done!!

Been buying BMW's since. When it was time for a sports car, MB wasn't even considered. Thought about M3....but once I drove a Porsche, I knew that was the car for me.

XKR is a nice GT car and the styling is nice....but the timeless sexiness of the 911 will live forever. Jag and others will always have to keep changing the styling to make it fresh and bring attention to their brand...not Porsche!!

Old 04-05-2012, 05:42 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Based on your experiance that's why I don't buy Mercedes. I was treated like a sub standard person because when my wife and I went to look at the MB Coupes and compare to the 3 Series from BMW, they acted like I wasn't good enough to even take a test drive!! I too was dress plain, no business suit or labeled clothing to portray status. BMW dealer gave me the keys and told me to bring it back when I was done!!

Been buying BMW's since. When it was time for a sports car, MB wasn't even considered. Thought about M3....but once I drove a Porsche, I knew that was the car for me.

XKR is a nice GT car and the styling is nice....but the timeless sexiness of the 911 will live forever. Jag and others will always have to keep changing the styling to make it fresh and bring attention to their brand...not Porsche!!
There's a Benz dealer in my area that pissed me off a couple times with their behavior. I remember walking in dressed in business attire and being overlooked for a guy walking in right behind me. Since I was well dressed, my only conclusion was that being black caused the disrespect.
To test my theory, I came back another day. This time I was ignored until the black salesman was available.
I tried one last time. This time the black guy was with someone and they gave me a woman. I asked why all these other guys who are just standing around couldn't help me. Then they came running.

Even one of our BMW dealers pissed me off once. In 07 I was ready to buy a bimmer. It was late but they were still open. I told the receptionist I was ready to buy now. Several salesmen were in their cubicles but none came out. I said a few choice words out loud and went straight down the street where the Lexus salesmen stayed late working a deal for the car I'm driving now.

Recently, I had an incident at the local Aston Martin/Bentley dealership. The guy that came over kept trying to tell me the car wasn't for me. He said they were too small and should never have aftermarket wheels put on.

Since I'm car shopping again, I've noticed that other brands and dealers are purposely sending out the black or minority salesperson for me. I don't like it. Except the Jaguar dealer...they don't have a black salesman. I've been there about 6 times and haven't seen one yet.

I prefer to shop where the only color that matters is green.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ice350
There's a Benz dealer in my area that pissed me off a couple times with their behavior. I remember walking in dressed in business attire and being overlooked for a guy walking in right behind me. Since I was well dressed, my only conclusion was that being black caused the disrespect.
To test my theory, I came back another day. This time I was ignored until the black salesman was available.
I tried one last time. This time the black guy was with someone and they gave me a woman. I asked why all these other guys who are just standing around couldn't help me. Then they came running.

Even one of our BMW dealers pissed me off once. In 07 I was ready to buy a bimmer. It was late but they were still open. I told the receptionist I was ready to buy now. Several salesmen were in their cubicles but none came out. I said a few choice words out loud and went straight down the street where the Lexus salesmen stayed late working a deal for the car I'm driving now.

Recently, I had an incident at the local Aston Martin/Bentley dealership. The guy that came over kept trying to tell me the car wasn't for me. He said they were too small and should never have aftermarket wheels put on.

Since I'm car shopping again, I've noticed that other brands and dealers are purposely sending out the black or minority salesperson for me. I don't like it. Except the Jaguar dealer...they don't have a black salesman. I've been there about 6 times and haven't seen one yet.

WOW...that really sucks. There are salesmen and then there are salesmen. I own my own business and the only color I see is green. I sell what my clients need....not the flavor of the month or something I need to move. I take personal pride in every sell and value every client. You can't please everyone...but if you do your job and treat that person nicely...you have a client for life. Those stupid sales people just didn't want to bother with you and profiled you that you were just looking.

In sales...you never know that next person walking in the door could be your best customer for a long time. When I purchased my first BMW, the experience was great...and since have owned 4 more. Current is a 09 750iL. I deal with the same guy and he takes care of me...just as it should be.

Too bad your experience was a race issue....it's still out there in certain climates and demographics of the country. It goes the other way too for others of "non-color".

Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Find a Jag forum and see what owners think. Pose the question to them with the cars reversed and get their reaction.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ice350
I love it!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Here are some pics:

Name:  Plano-20120404-00203.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  254.2 KB

Name:  XKR Profile.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  XKR Rear Quarter.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  Plano-20120404-00208.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  240.5 KB

Name:  Plano-20120404-00206.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  255.1 KB

Old 04-06-2012, 09:56 AM
zanwar is infamous around these partszanwar is infamous around these parts
Awesome car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Considered XKR?