997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

best family car for newborn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrPeter
All good suggestions, I am frankly torn between a sedan and an SUV, my wife says a minivan is overkill for a single child...
Single child? LMAO....that is how we started! Good luck with your decision

Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Another vote for a minivan. 1 kid, you can get any car but if you plan to have more. Minivan is the only option. I thought my wife was crazy when she said we need a minivan. I have 3 small children, the minivan is low enough for the 3 yr old to get in and out. It's great for road trips or if other family members wants to come along.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Families with kids need at least one 4-door car. An SUV might do, but more often with 2 or more kids a minivan is the most practical vehicle. No car guy wants one, but it is what it is.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
I am turning 50 this year, one will be enough....

Old 04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
my wife has the Honda Odyssey, she loves it I have offered her many other cars with double the price tag, but he loves those automatic doors.
I drive it all the time and it does not drive like a mini van feels like a normal 4 door sedan.
great car for low 30's

Old 04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Minivans are inexpensive, roomy, get pretty good gas mileage, and have a ton of technology and safety features in them.

With that said, there is not a chance in hell i would EVER own one. Period.
I'd much rather drive a large SUV and pay double to triple in gas. I can have 7 in seat belts and make a full trip to Costco. I can tow my boat. It's way better in the snow. It has ground clearance, etc, etc.

Another good thing about minivans...you can speed in them and never get caught. Chances are the cops feel so badly for you that they just let you go.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 AM
paddyh is infamous around these parts
Minivan for sure.

It accommodates the incredible amount of clutter that goes with kid (and then kids), then moves to be the car pool and soccer mom vehicle to take said kids to the amazing number of activities he/she/they get up to, and it eventually becomes the beater car they get to drive which gets keeps them away from the race track and keeps the parents sane.

Circle of life thing.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
My wife had a minivan when the kids were younger. After 8 years of good use she decided she'd like to try a crossover-big mistake. She bought an Acura RDX and we regret not getting another Odyssey. So useful and they drive so well!

Even if the kids are out of the house it's likely our next daily driver type car will likely be a minivan.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:00 AM
CHIrosche is infamous around these parts
We have a 2010 Subaru outback with an infant and a toddler ... Lots of room for everyone and can fit grandma between the little ones in the back when we have to.. When we need more room for passengers we have a 2005 4runner with 3rd row seating . But my favorite is the c2s cab... Infant is in front passenger seat. Wife is 5'11" and she sits in the back behind the infant and 2 year old sits behind me(driver).. I am 6'1"... Not exactly roomy but be all enjoy it

Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
paddyh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CHIrosche
We have a 2010 Subaru outback with an infant and a toddler ... Lots of room for everyone and can fit grandma between the little ones in the back when we have to.. When we need more room for passengers we have a 2005 4runner with 3rd row seating . But my favorite is the c2s cab... Infant is in front passenger seat. Wife is 5'11" and she sits in the back behind the infant and 2 year old sits behind me(driver).. I am 6'1"... Not exactly roomy but be all enjoy it
One has to ask - how does it work if she is driving and you are the one behind the baby seat - is it still a 'we all enjoy it' experience?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Another good thing about minivans...you can speed in them and never get caught. Chances are the cops feel so badly for you that they just let you go.
That has been my observation too. I see those zooming by unimpeded - aggressive drivers too, especially when they see a sports car. I just let them go; they think they are faster and it does not bother me, as I know better.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
plus changing a diaper in the trunk of a sedan is not easy..

You will be amazed how much crap you have to haul around for 1 baby.

if you get BMW X5 do not get the 20 inch wheels, the ride around town is so bad,Been trying to get my wife to use it and she refuses.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
LOL, I swear to God and everything Holy I got a ticket the second day of owning our minivan.

The bright red Porsche thingee hasn't got me in any trouble, yet.

Crap, I jinxed it now.

Originally Posted by adias
That has been my observation too. I see those zooming by unimpeded - aggressive drivers too, especially when they see a sports car. I just let them go; they think they are faster and it does not bother me, as I know better.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM
teknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really niceteknostar is just really nice
X5
Great all rounder. Looks good, Carries all the baby stuff with ease.

Most importantly is good to drive as well as the above.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by teknostar
X5
Great all rounder. Looks good, Carries all the baby stuff with ease.

Most importantly is good to drive as well as the above.
Not a good ride with 20 inch Dunlap run flats tires, that last about 12k miles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best family car for newborn