997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Front license plate options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 AM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
+1 for Rolf and JCS. Nice product and price. Actually just broke down and put it on my 997 this past weekend after two months of driving with no front plate. I think it looks good with toe eye mount.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:15 AM
mb230s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Interesting perspective. I've never seen this viewpoint before on this forum, but it is worth considering... I have FOUR holes in my stock bumper! I keep thinking about having them filled in and repainted, but the stock bracket from Porshce some how doesn't look so bad (in states where you must have the front plate, of course).

I don't want to play games with the law, so even if I repainted the bumper, I would still need to use some kind of mounting solution. Sometimes I figure, if I keep the center mounted plate, no one sees the holes anyway.
I put the front plate on last night with the Porsche bracket. Bought car in FL with no front plate. Had to install in IL. They are ruthless (at least in Chicago) on ticketing for no front plates. Got the bracket at Suncoast for $15. Was ordering some other stuff so shipping was already "spent". Looks better than the offset tow hook options. Thought about mounting the plate lower where the 3rd radiator would go but decided that was more fab work and I'd probably get a couple tickets before I got around to doing it. Drill baby drill......

One other thing - I have a slate grey car. The Porsche bracket is flat grey. Looks OK on my car. Painted body color would definitely help a lot especially on other color cars.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschefreak04
I would personally go with this option to get the best of both worlds

http://www.hidetheplate.com/index.php?cPath=5
anyone put these on their 997?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
anyone put these on their 997?
Interesting. I like it.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute

I can just see it now...

DRIVER: "What do you mean Officer? My license plate is right there in the front of the car. Perhaps you didn't see it? Let me point it out to you..."

[DRIVER steps out of vehicle and surreptitiously deploys license plate with a flick of the wrist.]

OFFICER: "Well, I'll be darned. I must have been mistaken. Sorry to have troubled such an outstanding citizen as yourself!"

[OFFICER drives off, leaving DRIVER with malicious smirk on face.]

Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I bought the mower axle one you have the link to in the OP. It's in the box, never opened in the trunk in case I'm stopped (had it for 2 years in both CA & NJ).

Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
celica604 is infamous around these parts
I went with this one: http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml
Wasn't a big fan of the offset look on the 997.2 so it worked out great. I do wish they offered a painted option, so it's less visible if I want to remove it for a photoshoot, though I could have painted it myself before installing it.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by celica604
I went with this one: http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml
Wasn't a big fan of the offset look on the 997.2 so it worked out great. I do wish they offered a painted option, so it's less visible if I want to remove it for a photoshoot, though I could have painted it myself before installing it.
+1 skenedesign too. I did a little customization underneath so it is easily removable if desired. Didn't want the offset look either. No holes in front bumper.

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
I received the USMillworks plate and I'm extremely happy with the quality, ease of installation and just the overall clean look:

http://www.usmillworks.com

It's at a slight angle but I actually like it!

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough

That is a pretty clever solution. I like it the best!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 AM
4dr-360 is infamous around these parts
I will likely be picking up Millworks when I get GT3 front clip installed, cops around northeast can be un-forgiving in many cases! ( I am friends a with a few, and still that only helps so much)

I got a $100 ticket for window tint driving my friends M6.....I was doing 30mph in a 30 zone downtown & I'm sure he heard his $15k exhaust system b/c he walked out into traffic before seeing me, waved on all traffic until he got to me....wasted 15 min of my time (about 8min are on cellphone video) and read me riot act about the car (which I explained had a valid inspection sticker & car wasn't even mine.... to add my friend has Permanent Disability US Marine Veteran tags)...so it's just not worth the hassle for me, and I have Veteran tags too, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't

I had a 996 cab when I was 22, cop pulled me & said 25 & shouldn't even be driving a car like that" .....but you are fine carrying a gun around??? I didn't say it but wanted to sooo bad!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 AM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by function12
+1 for Rolf. Great product and great price!!

Thank you .Here is what it looks like on the new 991 S

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
4playcustoms is infamous around these parts
the only option for a front license plate is NO front license plate!