997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Can you feel my pain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tiyyara
Got a call from his insurance American Family. They were very correct. They wanted to "Recommend" a shop, I insisted on dealership. Porsche certified bodyshop.

Estimate:
Engine lid, center mount, bumper, new decal/emblems
Paint etc etc

DV to be discussed with adjustor.
I sent them pics, detailed, of the bent places/parts needed to be changed
Wll keep you posted.
you need to read up on the laws for DV in your area, his insurance will low ball if they even will pay with out going to court, there is a company for a few hundred bucks writes up a very detailed report,on what your car was worth and what it is worth now.
If they refuse to pay you need to file a claim against the guy who hit you.
not his insurance.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
py0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the rough
Got a call from his insurance American Family. They were very correct. They wanted to "Recommend" a shop, I insisted on dealership. Porsche certified bodyshop.

Estimate:
Engine lid, center mount, bumper, new decal/emblems
Paint etc etc

DV to be discussed with adjustor.
I sent them pics, detailed, of the bent places/parts needed to be changed
Wll keep you posted.
yeah, I wouldn't take any random "recommended" body-shop. The quality of job can be very different from a reputable shop to some unknown shop down the street.

Does your own insurance company gets involved? I am not sure how the policy is in your place, but for a situation like this, I will only let me insurance company to deal for me since it is very obvious the other party's fault.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to see that damage. I was standing next to my previous car when another car rolled into it. The driver got out of her car and didn't put it in park.

After it gets repaired have it detailed and enjoy it.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
Looked into DV laws, INdiana is ok with that. Spoke to my insurance company, they said, try to work out on your own, if you have trouble we will back you up.
Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tonka858
that sucks hopefully its only bumper and lid..

maybe he will pay cash,and you can avoid car fax.as for him leaving the card which is nice, you just hope his insurance is good to deal with.
Had my bumper changed out from a moron not cutting the wheel enough when parking.it just did a 6 inch scratch but i forced new bumper,which was $900
and about $900 for paint and install.
Ask the repair shop to tell Carfax to take a hike.... Carfax isn't doing anybody any favors... You get a scratch on a fender and it will end up costing you big
just because some third party stuck their nose in.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Sorry you had some bad luck - a **** off no doubt.
And you get to decide how you're going to handle it.
But maybe cut the guy who made the mistake some slack.
He did the right thing. Way too many people wouldn't have.
Respect your good fortune there. If he hadn't stepped up, you can bet your insurance company would find a way to get that $3000 back out of your pocket within the shortest possible time.

We had a guy here in Chicago who's pit bull nearly devoured some woman's little dog right in front of her -- on a public beach. And he walked away. Plenty of witnesses, and he just walked out. An off-duty cop!
http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/...small-dog.html

If that dude or any of his pals would have hit your car, YOU'D probably be in jail.

Hope the repair goes well.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by denversteve
As a Realist, I accept you grades as accurate. If you ever want a reality check, I'm your guy. If you ever want compassion, consult your wife.

If it's any consolation:The 2nd day after I got my 911, I was working on the satnav and needed to get a signal so I threw it in reverse to just scoot out of the garage a little ways. In the process I backed out of the garage and right into my wife's car. Didn't do quite this much damage and it was 100% my fault. Needless to say I didn't get any compassion from my wife in this case.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by TomE
Sorry you had some bad luck - a **** off no doubt.
And you get to decide how you're going to handle it.
But maybe cut the guy who made the mistake some slack.
He did the right thing. Way too many people wouldn't have.
Respect your good fortune there. If he hadn't stepped up, you can bet your insurance company would find a way to get that $3000 back out of your pocket within the shortest possible time.

We had a guy here in Chicago who's pit bull nearly devoured some woman's little dog right in front of her -- on a public beach. And he walked away. Plenty of witnesses, and he just walked out. An off-duty cop!
http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/...small-dog.html

If that dude or any of his pals would have hit your car, YOU'D probably be in jail.

Hope the repair goes well.

Wow, above the law much?.....

Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Katera
Wow, above the law much?.....
Sadly, that IS the law in Chicago. Has been for a long long time.

So here's the current bit of barber poeticism:
If you find yourself in the same room with more than one former governor of the state of Illinois, you're in FEDERAL PRISON.
Funny enough, but not actually a joke.

Sorry for the OT post.

Really, Good luck and good karma to the OP.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:45 PM
rag1998 is infamous around these parts
Ouch, sorry to see that OP, hope it gets fixed up and be back ripping the streets soon!

Regarding insurance, not to discourage you but its a tiring long process to get anything done by those people whom we have been paying for years to protect our precious toys in events like this!! I am going through this right now with a total loss on my Elise, and hope to be done with it once and for-all!!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I feel the pain for you. On the bright side, it s going to look fine when fixed. Most of the rear will all be painted, so not too many matching issues. When its part of the side, for example, matching paint become critical and difficult and easier to spot. I know you are concerned about DV but lots of things in life have to happen before you actually lose any money. Hope you get on the road soon. And like everyone said, thank God he left his info/insurance.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
OK, car in the shop, the parts arrived, adjustor and shop are 200 bucks apart, dealership said no problem, they will work it out with him.

DV: adjustor said, all parts replaceable, no "bent steel" that can not be repaired, no quarter panel to be cut out, so minor , if any DV.
My counter was, on KBB, any care that has more than 1500 body work drops about 2 k in value.
Adjustor said, keep all papers, when you sell the car if there is DV (as compared to KBB) we will honor it!
Hmm what to think of that. Sounds like he is telling me, not much of a problem, take a hike. :-)
Anyway, tomorrow going to the shop to check on it and take more pics

Old 05-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Got the car back on Monday, awesome job at our local dealership.
Rear deck lid, bumper cover and the small "lip" behind the air filter.
All repaired , all good!
Looks like new!
I am lucky.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM
rag1998 is infamous around these parts
Got the car back on Monday, awesome job at our local dealership.
Rear deck lid, bumper cover and the small "lip" behind the air filter.
All repaired , all good!
Looks like new!
I am lucky.
Awesome, now take some pics and post!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
OK, car in the shop, the parts arrived, adjustor and shop are 200 bucks apart, dealership said no problem, they will work it out with him.

DV: adjustor said, all parts replaceable, no "bent steel" that can not be repaired, no quarter panel to be cut out, so minor , if any DV.
My counter was, on KBB, any care that has more than 1500 body work drops about 2 k in value.
Adjustor said, keep all papers, when you sell the car if there is DV (as compared to KBB) we will honor it!
Hmm what to think of that. Sounds like he is telling me, not much of a problem, take a hike. :-)
Anyway, tomorrow going to the shop to check on it and take more pics
DV claims are filed as part of your original damage claim and are paid to you by the insurance company in addition to repair costs up front. Check with your states insurance board. They can clarify and advise next steps if it isn't too late. As for the effect on your resale value KBB is more than a little low at $ 2K. We're talking about a Porsche not a run of the mill domestic sedan. Many used Porsche buyers wouldn't buy a car that had been in an accident regardless of the price discount or the extent of the damage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can you feel my pain?