997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Sport Classic Style Black Headlight Trims Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
OH MAN! That's so awesome. I love the vinyl wrap on your hood.

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Installation is easy... just spray both sides of the vinyl and the headlight. lay the vinyl on the headlight and use the provided squeegee or towel to iron out the bubbles...

This is my install:

Last edited by gonz996; 04-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, the hood looks nice... I love it. You had to see the installer.... made it look so easy. He didn't even use any solution... it was a dry install!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
That just looks so right! I really love the mods. Which LEDs do you have? I'm expecting delivery of ROTtec f/r LEDs, Cool White headlights to match, and the LED side markers and license plate light on Friday. Can't wait!

I left my car at the Porsche dealer this morning for the H&R coilover install. I want it dropped very similar to your photoshop and like mine in my sig - pretty low.

I just ordered the headlight trim. Where did you get your GT3 vent and did you do the install?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 PM
07.997.1Targa4 is infamous around these parts
I wanted to ask the group their thoughts: I was going to get the eye lid wraps in a Matte Black - I have a Black Targa - I think the matte would make for a nice contrast - but not 100% certain.

Thought I would ask all of you.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I like the continuity of the gloss black on black. Just my $.02

Joel - what did you use to clean up your headlight lenses?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Thank you.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yes, if you have a black car, get the gloss vinyl... it looks like the fender continues on the light, getting rid of the grey ribbed effect around the lights (1990's). the matte will look like an add-on.

The LED's I have are dectane fronts and rear. I like the rears a little better than RotTech since they mimic more OEM 997.2. Every single bulb in my car has been changed with CanBus friendly LEDs. The feeling is really amazing with the glowing ultra white interior lights!

Dropping the car with coilovers is the ideal solution! I would love to do that at some point...

The GT3 vent, got it at Suncoast for $30 and installed myself. pretty easy if you are not afraid of drilling and cutting your bumper!

The lenses were polished up and cleaned back to crystal clear look with a local here in miami... they were fading a little bit because of the sun... The guy applied a sealer/clearcoat that is UV cured. They are really nice now.

I hope I answered all the questions!

Last edited by JoelPirela; 04-23-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you as well. Appears we have a clear winner!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
yes, if you have a black car, get the gloss vinyl... it looks like the fender continues on the light, getting rid of the grey ribbed effect around the lights (1990's). the matte will look like an add-on.

The LED's I have are dectane fronts and rear. I like the rears a little better than RotTech since they mimic more OEM 997.2. Every single bulb in my car has been changed with CanBus friendly LEDs. The feeling is really amazing with the glowing ultra white interior lights!

Dropping the car with coilovers is the ideal solution! I would love to do that at some point...

The GT3 vent, got it at Suncoast for $30 and installed myself. pretty easy if you are not afraid of drilling and cutting your bumper!

The lenses were polished up and cleaned back to crystal clear look with a local here in miami... they were fading a little bit because of the sun... The guy applied a sealer/clearcoat that is UV cured. They are really nice now.

Thank you! I actually found I was subscribed to a thread (DUH) with a youtube clip. Much appreciated just the same!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
joel by the way - your pictures with the glossy black eye lids, matte black hood - what rims are those? HRE?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Katera
I like it! Could you post a picture of the car a little farther away so that you can get a sense of the whole front of the car with them?

+1 thanks

Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 07.997.1Targa4
joel by the way - your pictures with the glossy black eye lids, matte black hood - what rims are those? HRE?
Those are NOT HRE P40. However, they look like a heavy cast HRE P40 replica style.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by 07.997.1Targa4
not really... they are avant garde ruger with a custom charcoal satin finish. they look amazing! and they are very light!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts

Question about the grille, I'm not afraid to cut but I can't find any details on how it mounts once you cut the hole. If you can give me an idea that would be great. Also, did it come with a template? Did you use a dremel?

Also, you can buy headlight refinishing liquid everywhere. It works like a car wax and makes your headlights look brand new.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Wish there was a group buy on these..... Wicked nice

Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Sport Classic Style Black Headlight Trims Installed!