997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What is silver and black has 350HP and does 0-60 in under 5 seconds?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
What is silver and black has 350HP and does 0-60 in under 5 seconds?

Well it's not the my C2S but it's my 01 E55 that I use as a baby mobile.

Someone had asked for some pics a while back but the car was in the shop getting some much needed love at the time.

I've been splitting DD duties between this and my C2S.

For being almost 12 years old it's a great car. It's got a few little issues but all in all is pretty solid. It still will go like hell too.

One thing that impressed me about this car is the paint quality. This car has never experienced a hand wash or a detail. It was bought by my father second hand in 2002. In the 9 years he drove the car it would at best get a trip through the local "scratch tunnel" car wash once a month. It spent its days parked outside in the sun and was only garaged at night. But given all that the finish is still nearly flawless as far as swirl marks and scratches. I don't know what kind of paint Mercedes used at the time but it is fantastic.

A little Wiki knowledge about the 01 E55:
2001 E55 AMG

2001 E55 AMG, W210 US-spec

The 2001 model year E55 was a rare version of the W210 E55 AMG, of which only 659 units were produced in 2001. It has a 5.5 liter V8 that produces 354 ps and 391 ft-lb of torque. Various road tests revealed ranges of 0-60 mph times in 4.8-5.3 seconds and quarter-mile times in 13.3-13.5 seconds.
Common items were AMG Exclusive "Condor" Leather, Black Birdseye Maple interior wood trim, AMG Monoblock staggered 18" wheels & tires, AMG sport suspension, AMG brakes, AMG/Avantegarde front and rear body aprons with "dynamic" side skirts, AMG body shell modification, HID Xenon headlights, Avantgarde fog lamps, Heated Multicontour AMG Sport Seats w/ power & memory, Multifunction Computer, Automatic Climate Control System, Bose Premium Sound System, Power tilt & telescoping leather-covered AMG multifunction sport steering wheel, Power Glass Sunroof, Power Rear Sunshade, and Blue Glass. Most of these items were standard in North America.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Karl B is infamous around these parts
I have 2 W210's, an E430 and an E320. Both have over 125000 miles and have been bullet proof cars. These are the last E class cars before they merged with Chrysler. I always wanted to pick up an E55, they are very inexpensive now, but a fantastic performance value. My 430 is quick, the 55 must be a rocket.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Karl B
I have 2 W210's, an E430 and an E320. Both have over 125000 miles and have been bullet proof cars. These are the last E class cars before they merged with Chrysler. I always wanted to pick up an E55, they are very inexpensive now, but a fantastic performance value. My 430 is quick, the 55 must be a rocket.
It's got plenty of torque and will eat some rear tires.

So far the only real AMG related extra expense has been the front rotors. They are very pricey at ~$350 each and the aftermarket doesn't have anything cheaper. The good news about them is they last. We just put the first set of new rotors on the car at 124,000 miles.

The car has the typical valve cover gasket leak. It's just a tiny bit but gets on the headers and smells. I'll probably tackle that at the next oil change. And the swaybar end links are worn out so the car makes a clunking/popping sound when turning if there is a grade change. Neither one of these things is really a big deal just common issues that happen with age and use.

The indy I took it to said that these things are just getting broken in at 100,000 miles and will run forever.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
Aww, I was going to answer that it better be the next wide receiver drafted by the Raiders

Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
Aww, I was going to answer that it better be the next wide receiver drafted by the Raiders
Since Al is gone do you think they will have a chance to actually build a team?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:19 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
Sorry for hijacking your car thread with football... last year there was a bilboard paid for by Raider fans on 880 just past the stadium begging Al to hire a GM. While I'm sad to see him go (he was nothing if not entertaining) maybe now we have a chance of putting together a cohesive team.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Sorry for hijacking your car thread with football... last year there was a bilboard paid for by Raider fans on 880 just past the stadium begging Al to hire a GM. While I'm sad to see him go (he was nothing if not entertaining) maybe now we have a chance of putting together a cohesive team.
No apologies needed. It's not a serious thread just some pics that someone had asked me to post.

I've been a Raiders fan since Bo was on the team. I'm from Alabama and went to Auburn so Bo was a pretty big deal around here.

I'll be honest though I have not really done a good job keeping up with them for the last few seasons. It was probably when Gruden was there that I last tried to catch every game.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
No apologies needed. It's not a serious thread just some pics that someone had asked me to post.

I've been a Raiders fan since Bo was on the team. I'm from Alabama and went to Auburn so Bo was a pretty big deal around here.

I'll be honest though I have not really done a good job keeping up with them for the last few seasons. It was probably when Gruden was there that I last tried to catch every game.
Looking at my name and color of my PCar...you can guess my team!

RIP Al. Go Raiders!!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Well, there goes the neighborhood. First Mercedes photos, then Raiders talk. What next reminiscing about the cool factor of the 240z cars.???

Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by denversteve
Well, there goes the neighborhood. First Mercedes photos, then Raiders talk. What next reminiscing about the cool factor of the 240z cars.???
Don't be a hater!!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Interesting that Denversteve's car is black with silver rims... so we know who he is really rooting for, eh?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Interesting that Denversteve's car is black with silver rims... so we know who he is really rooting for, eh?
Things that make you go hummmmmm......

Old 04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
I have a 2002 E55 in black and it is a family beater too. Its got 76000 miles and practically problem free.

John

Old 04-21-2012, 04:52 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I'd say I have the answer, but it has well north of 350 hp just busting *****, the E55 is almost as good. Haha. 72k miles and also fairly problem free as a hauler.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Argh. I just can't afford a new GT3 in Bronco orange.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is silver and black has 350HP and does 0-60 in under 5 seconds?