997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WTB - 996/997 Porsche Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TWI
I'm looking for a roof rack system for my 997. Would prefer (a) used to keep the price down and (b) a Thule system to keep it compatible with my other gear, but I will consider anything.

PM me with what you might have for sale.

Tal
Barring any very unique attachments most Thule parts are cross compatible with Yakima parts (and Rocky Mounts too). Basic system is that Yakima bars are round and Thule are rectangle. HOWEVER..... Last I checked Thule doesn't make an "official" Thule system for the 997 because they actually make the OEM Porsche rack (more $$$$). That may have passed now but the official Porsche/ Thule sits inside the flip covers but also has less width vs. the Yakima which sits atop the roof (and secured with the bolts inside the flip covers) but you can put any width bars you wish in case you wanted, for instance, a box and bike racks.

Just don't rule other other systems simply because you already have a Thule attachment.

PS. Only other thing to consider is that all company's are coming out with aero bars that may not be compatible with their own attachments.