997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Trying to pull the trigger - 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 PM
marlon 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by a4ep
You are right, I may call the servicing dealer but deep down I konw this one is a lemon.

Here is the CarFax report:
Dude, that's one of the worst Carfax's I've seen. Engine out/complete repair, tranny out, etc. Stay away.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
To quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Run Away Run Away!!

Or, to go completely off topic,

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: *Look*!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
a4ep is infamous around these parts
Thanks all for confirming my feelings on those two vehicles.

I have spent way too much time the past couple days on the search and each hour I seem to let my "acceptable" price point get higher and higher

After seeing how most of the 2007 911 C2S/C4S cars out there with a tan interior are being listed around $55-60K I have decided to extend my search to the 2009 997.2 C2S/C2 cars. Looking specifically for ones with a certified warranty.

I have found one and I feel it is a deal, bit of higher mileage but since it will be my daily driver I am okay with this. One thing though is that the interior has the "Deviating Carpet" option with Tan leather. Now, I love the look of this option in black but the car I have identified has blue carpet. Has anyone seen something like this in person? I almost feel like it may be too much blue. Since I can't see it in person I will need to make a final judgement but would love to hear experiences from all of you. Here is a photo of the car's inside. What are all of your thoughts?

Thanks again!

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
Nice adaptive sports seats there, way too blue for me.
What is the color of the car?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by tiyyara
Nice adaptive sports seats there, way too blue for me.
What is the color of the car?
Midnight Blue. Are those the adaptive sport seats? The listing says it is "P77-Leather Sport Seats".

Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM
blazinginder is infamous around these parts
I personally love the deviating Blue carpet over the all beige that I have....one thing that is a deal breaker for me is the lack of power seats. My suggestion is that CPO is a must (for piece of mind)...keep looking and you will find the right one! 09+ gets my
Vote

Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by blazinginder
I personally love the deviating Blue carpet over the all beige that I have....one thing that is a deal breaker for me is the lack of power seats. My suggestion is that CPO is a must (for piece of mind)...keep looking and you will find the right one! 09+ gets my
Vote
You also have the blue deviating carpet? Do you have any photos of it in more natural light? In daylight is it more navy looking or more bright blue?

I am almost at the point of running for this car, it is a 2009 with CPO which adds so much security. If I could get them down between 5-8% I would do it. I hope that is possible.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM
You also have the blue deviating carpet? Do you have any photos of it in more natural light? In daylight is it more navy looking or more bright blue?

I am almost at the point of running for this car, it is a 2009 with CPO which adds so much security. If I could get them down between 5-8% I would do it. I hope that is possible.

Yet another car sold three days before I call! This is killing me. Found one on the opposite coast. Same color combo and 2009 C2S without the deviating carpets. Was told it would cost $5k to CPO it which I know is off because another dealer just told me it would cost $2,500 for a CPO. I questioned and the sales guy said it is because of the new tires that would have to go on. I still find that a bit fishy.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Red face

Yet another car sold three days before I call! This is killing me. Found one on the opposite coast. Same color combo and 2009 C2S without the deviating carpets. Was told it would cost $5k to CPO it which I know is off because another dealer just told me it would cost $2,500 for a CPO. I questioned and the sales guy said it is because of the new tires that would have to go on. I still find that a bit fishy.
I don't have the deviating carpet, would definitely get it if I was building one new

The CPO thing kind of makes sense $2500 for CPO + $2k in tires gets you close to that $5k mark...and you know dealers, they'll add a cushion in costs just to cover their margins etc.

I think 09 CPO C2S or 4S is the way to go, took me a year but I found the right car, happend to be local and IMO got a damn good deal on it.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
okay, onto the next one.

Heard back from the dealer on the 2009 C2S without a CPO. They can CPO the car for $2500 but I have to supply the tires (not a problem since I can get them on the cheap) and I would have to then pay for the 60k service which they quote to be almost $1k! Is that correct for the 60K service? And why is that necessary for a CPO when the car is under 50K miles?

Also, is the flat tire kit in the 997 still the ContiComfortKit?

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
One more thing - If I end up with a CPO is it still suggested I have an independant to a PPI?

I asked for the DME report but they said that the new Porsche computers from 2010 onward have the redline readouts "disabled due to them getting sued". Humm, that is a new one!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
One more thing - If I end up with a CPO is it still suggested I have an independant to a PPI?

I asked for the DME report but they said that the new Porsche computers from 2010 onward have the redline readouts "disabled due to them getting sued". Humm, that is a new one!

60k miles...how much are they asking?

And not necessary to get a PPI done as long as they give you the full certification checklist thing that shows condition/checks of everything. I personally did get a post purchase inspection done at third party Porsche dealer just for piece of mind, but not necessary (I'm a little overly cautious)

Old 05-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by blazinginder
60k miles...how much are they asking?

And not necessary to get a PPI done as long as they give you the full certification checklist thing that shows condition/checks of everything. I personally did get a post purchase inspection done at third party Porsche dealer just for piece of mind, but not necessary (I'm a little overly cautious)
40K miles, 1 owner, clean carfax, price is low $60s without CPO and there is some wiggle room. It is the exact combo I am looking for but it would be a purchase sight unseen.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
That's a lot if you ask me considering mileage and non CPO...is it well optioned? One owner? What's the color combo?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
rag1998 is infamous around these parts
OP, lmk if you are interested in looking at a 08 S CPO with about 26k miles, I know one at a dealer that I gave some thought of buying before I decided to stick within my budget and get a 06 S. Asking price is also in upper 50's close to 60k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to pull the trigger - 997S