997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
ENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the rough
Exhaust tips

Stepdad has a new to him 997.1 C4S Cab he wants to change the exhaust tips. Where can we source some He likes the concentric circles ones and just wants to view his options. Ho tough is the swap?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Every exhaust shop near you and most on-line exhaust manufacturer's have tips. You'll just have to find some you/he likes and have them welded on. Pretty simple.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
fabspeed x50

Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 AM
ENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the rough
Thank you! I think those will be perfect

Any discounts from vendors on here for these tips?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
is welding really necessary?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Domer911
is welding really necessary?
no welding. they attach with a built in screw clamp.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Necessary? No. Cheaper than losing one tip, yes. Are you planning on doing just necessary things to the car, or the proper ones?

Last edited by denversteve; 05-03-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Originally Posted by denversteve
Necessary? No. Cheaper than losing one tip, yes. Are you planning on doing just necessary things to the car, or the proper ones?
I added Vertex quad tips (with a screw-on clamp) over a year ago and they haven't fallen off yet. So while I agree with you in principle that having the exhaust tips welded is MUCH cheaper than replacing one, I respectfully disagree that welding is either necessary or proper. I add that my factory tips weren't welded.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 PM
fc2s is infamous around these partsfc2s is infamous around these parts
I have OEM PSE tips FS, if anyone is interested - can't post in the market place yet.

Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Taxi!
I added Vertex quad tips (with a screw-on clamp) over a year ago and they haven't fallen off yet. So while I agree with you in principle that having the exhaust tips welded is MUCH cheaper than replacing one, I respectfully disagree that welding is either necessary or proper. I add that my factory tips weren't welded.
True. Some aren't but most are. More loss would come from theft than falling off. Also no chance of them moving when welded.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
A couple of tack welds would be sufficient...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ENVē
Stepdad has a new to him 997.1 C4S Cab he wants to change the exhaust tips. Where can we source some He likes the concentric circles ones and just wants to view his options. Ho tough is the swap?
Suncoast Porsche is a good place to start. Google it. Also are a number of vendors on the site that handle Porsche exhausts. Google Porsche exhaust and you'll find the few available options. Only a few manufacturers of tips specificly for Porsches so it won't take you long to narrow down a final choice. Fabspeed makes tips that look OEM. You can find 'em on ebay as well.