997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

POS drunk hit my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I had way more damage than that to my car and it got fixed perfectly! You just have to find the best p[lace. I took mine to Martino Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, LI and they were magicians.....here's a quick look:

Repair pics:

Here she is today......better than new:

No reason to dump her if you choose not to!

Best of Luck,

Tom

Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
wow what did that bill run?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
I'm not appraiser, but that doesn't look like 25K worth of damage. I'd say closer to 15K, assuming there is no damage to the engine.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear...

Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tommyv
No reason to dump her if you choose not to!

Best of Luck,

Tom
In some ways I'll agree, in other's I'd be questioning the decision. I had some nasty hail damage on my car last year. Nothing to challenge being a total of the car, but enough to make me wonder if it would ever be the same car after all of the body panels that required repair. But in the end, I love this car and wouldn't consider trading her in because of some cosmetic damage.

But then again, it wasn't involved in a collision. As good as collision repair may be nowadays, I'd be incredibly concerned about long-term reliability and value. I've never had to trade a car with collision damage, so I'm not entirely understanding of who pays for the diminished value of the car. I'd be able to live with the repairs and the insurance process for repair, but I'd be all over my insurance company for getting some sort of payout for diminished value, because there is no way that car will be worth the same after a collision as it was before.

But as you said, don't dump her if you don't want to!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by dallascajun
so I'm not entirely understanding of who pays for the diminished value of the car. I'd be able to live with the repairs and the insurance process for repair, but I'd be all over my insurance company for getting some sort of payout for diminished value, because there is no way that car will be worth the same after a collision as it was before.

The diminished value reimbursement craze is all but over. Insurance companies are not paying it anymore. You can try, but unless they determine that the repairs were not done correctly, they will deny it now. The answer to your question is YOU PAY for the value loss. That's the ****ty truth and why going through something like this when it's no fault of your own is so frustrating.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Interesting...I guess that's why there are all those commercials for attorneys every day. I'd certainly go after the guy for everything I could, especially since it was a drinking-related incident.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MBENZF1
I'm not appraiser, but that doesn't look like 25K worth of damage. I'd say closer to 15K, assuming there is no damage to the engine.
I guess that's why you're not an appraiser!!

And I'm certainly glad you weren't mine!!

Tom

Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 PM
fc2s is infamous around these partsfc2s is infamous around these parts
Tommyv, followed your orignal post when you went through your ordeal and after looking at those pics again, I'm still amazed how well the repair was done and how great your car looks.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
AllForTheCash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mkaaes
crappy iphone shots. It's the damage to the subframe and suspension that is making it expensive. They have to remove the engine, transmission, and suspension asembly
I had the same thing happen to me with another car. The rear wheel was pushed forward and in and the repair bill was huge! Sorry to hear. (I traded the car in immediately)

Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM
ATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tonka858
I would get your insurance to also look into doing a salvage.
Look in to your states law on diminished value,You will need to go after the owner for that,who will then turn it over to his insurance.
there is a company that for a few hundred bucks writes up a great report of what your car was worth before and after.
http://www.autoloss.com/

my brother used them.It got the insurance company to finally write it off after it was in the body shop better part of 5 months
and was still not right.
^^Agree^^

no matter his or your insurance.. no matter if your vehicle is or isn't total loss.. find a great appraisal company that specializes in Diminished Value.. Clark Howard referred me to Http://diminishedvalueofgeorgia.com owner Antoine Rached. after dealing with the highs and lows of the accident process, he was clutch. Stay Clear of horrible drivers. Good Luck.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by fc2s
Tommyv, followed your orignal post when you went through your ordeal and after looking at those pics again, I'm still amazed how well the repair was done and how great your car looks.
Thank you my friend........the artists at MAC are truly magicians! Thank God I took it there!

Tom