997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

POS drunk hit my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Mkaaes is infamous around these parts
POS drunk hit my car

On Saturday night a 27 yr old jackass hit my C4S while it was parked. The bastard then tried to run, but fortunately he was caught: after hitting another car, abandoning his own, then tried to flee on foot. The initial estimate is currently at 25k. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get rid of it, what a pain in the ***.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh. Sorry for the bad luck. Not that it matters, but where were you parked? Out to dinner or something?

J

Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah I was having dinner, it was early too only 10 o'clock. Couldn't have been in the restaurant more than 30 min

Old 05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Damn. That'll wreck your night, and the next day, and the following week...

Sorry, again. It'll work out though. Look at it as an opportunity to get into something else...maybe there's something you've been wanting? A 991? A 997 GT3? Time to shop .

J

Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Goldduster is infamous around these parts
I hope its on his insurance and not yours!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Goldduster
I hope its on his insurance and not yours!!!
Got pics of the damage? 25k is a whole lot of damage!! Rear, side, front?

If the POS even has insurance!! So many things go on from this point....did you owe money on the car, mileage, year, options, added mods (insurance companies don't like to pay for that).

Feel for you bro...good luck. Mine is staying home during the major holiday's...as there are so many drunks these days...can't understand why.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
I recenlty went througha similar incident , except with the best outcome. I am lucky. I hope you end up with good luck like me.
Th guy left his car, damage at end was only 3 k, bumper cover and rear decklid. Ended up great. I know your pain, I am sure all will end well, think positive and good luck

Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
rag1998 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that, recently went through a similar ordeal, rear-ended at a red light, minimum insurance on the other drivers policy had to go through mine to get the complete value for my total loss..

Its a pain to deal with, but I hope that it all works out for you..

Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Yea, so much of life is the luck of staying out of the way of asswipes.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Really sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
crappy iphone shots. It's the damage to the subframe and suspension that is making it expensive. They have to remove the engine, transmission, and suspension asembly

Attached Images      
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow, that's painful. Glad no one was hurt. They'll def remove the engine...pretty common during rear end repair etc.

J

Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 PM
mrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh... I'm sorry to see this. That really sucks.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Now that just sucks all kind of a$$. But at $25K estimate, I'm a little surprised it's not just going to be written off. I know insurance companies do their best to avoid that, but it's got to a consideration.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I would get your insurance to also look into doing a salvage.
Look in to your states law on diminished value,You will need to go after the owner for that,who will then turn it over to his insurance.
there is a company that for a few hundred bucks writes up a great report of what your car was worth before and after.
http://www.autoloss.com/

my brother used them.It got the insurance company to finally write it off after it was in the body shop better part of 5 months
and was still not right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POS drunk hit my car