997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Heart transplant underway -- my 2010 S gets X51

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
One last pic of the valves closeup

close up....

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DÜnkleblau S
The X51 power kit from Suncoast arrived at my dealer ...

I will post pictures when the engine is out and on a stand; I also get to keep the old parts, particularly the intake manifold and valves -- which, for Adias's sake will be photographed extensively to document what if any carbon deposits are present.
It's nice to confirm that the intake valves are clean as a whistle. So much for the theory that as other engines had problems so would this one.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Agree with Adias here. Those valves look great. I've twice the mileage so I still wonder what it looks like in mine. But, those are clearly better than some Audi engines I've seen. Promising!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Old Intake, New intake and some updated pics of the surgery

Enjoy....
First pic is old intake with IPD plenum, which has to come out and is now FS btw.

I can't wait to break those new aggressive intakes in.....

Attached Images    
Old 05-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Wow that looks like it's moving along nicely...! Thanks again for posting pics - amazing to see.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Very nice! Those intakes look the business for sure.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 PM
jnkk1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medpilot105
Very nice! Those intakes look the business for sure.
+1... That intake looks killer. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
Thanks for sharing!
Finally I know how mine looks like

REP+

Old 05-13-2012, 03:50 AM
blipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really nice
nice build

Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
Wow. I'm just glad I found an X-51 factory car. You will enjoy the difference drive feel.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Any updates?

Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
She's back with post-op instructions

Still in the 310 mile break in period. Feels torquier throughout (up to 5K rpm of course). I have to get my GIAC flash back on board, but thought I'd wait for the valves to seat, etc.

Some pics below, including the post op sheet from Porsche for the X51 upgrade on the 997.2; also pics of the engine bay and finally a pic of my Porsche scuderia that includes my new Pig (2011 CS).

I hope this was informative; I may post more pics and info later on my experience, particularly after I flash the DME. I would be curious to see dyno plots especially since I have a set showing 420HP with the previous mods on board.

Attached Images     
Old 05-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
OMG, how did you get your cars to stick to the ceiling like that??

On a more serious note, looking at the Suncoast website it appears that the X-51 package is on sale for a little over $9,200 and it is advertised to improve your 0-60 times by 2/10ths of a second! Really? 2/10ths of a second for $9,200?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Taxi!
OMG, how did you get your cars to stick to the ceiling like that??

On a more serious note, looking at the Suncoast website it appears that the X-51 package is on sale for a little over $9,200 and it is advertised to improve your 0-60 times by 2/10ths of a second! Really? 2/10ths of a second for $9,200?
I live in California....dont you know that the laws of physics and economics do not apply here?

The 9200 is for the 997.1 NOT the 997.2, its even more expensive at 10.5K, plus 4600 to put it in...but it is officially Porsche and the car feels very different----I went past the break in period and have had a chance to "play." Very powerful feel, it is different...balanced throughout the rev range. Enough to keep me happy until the 991 Turbo comes out.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DÜnkleblau S
including the post op sheet from Porsche for the X51 upgrade on the 997.2
Next step: disconnect PSE cable to have a proper exhaust noise at any speed

By chance, if for any reason it happens to you could you ask to your dealer if it has the first page of same PDF for X51 retrofit on a 997.1?
I was curious to spot differences.

Great job and congrats again!
Ciao
Ale

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heart transplant underway -- my 2010 S gets X51