997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

not one manual 911 at local dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, the conditions of the daily commute make a huge impact as to whether or not a MT will become tiresome. Wouldn't want to have one in a big city with stop and start traffic.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
tjp
tjp is infamous around these parts
My wife, sister and mom much prefer the PDK....

Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tjp

Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tjp
So they like going faster than you?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
I dont get the "faster" argument. Where are you going so fast? Track, then yes, maybe. But daily and weekend driving is more about the overall experience not flooring it from every stop light.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by krysFly
I dont get the "faster" argument. Where are you going so fast? Track, then yes, maybe. But daily and weekend driving is more about the overall experience not flooring it from every stop light.
Maybe the demographic is changing.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

This is getting crazy (and a little funny). Both options are good options, one is not "better" than the other. It just comes down to personal preference.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I see no use in lamenting the decreasing popularity of the mt. This is a double edged sword. We want porsche to remain profitable and to keep doors open at dealerships. But we moan when they give the products that a wider audience desires.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Its nice to have both options so the company can sell more cars. I personally don't like the PDK because I have several cars and don't need my Porsche to be a commuter in traffic. I had a 09 PDK C4S cab and sold it a year later to get a manual. Since then, I have bought 3 manual 911's. I don't think I will ever buy a PDK 911 again, but its good that they sell PDK to sell more cars. Just not to me.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by denversteve
No surprise. Most of the other exotic makers have dropped their manual transmissions. The dealerships are only ordering what they see a demand for. The beauty is you can order what ever you want.
I agree with you completely.
Every Porsche is a custom order. So if you like a stick just order one and if not, well pick one from the lot

Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MishaDesigns
I agree with you completely.
Every Porsche is a custom order. So if you like a stick just order one and if not, well pick one from the lot
Try to order a Turbo S with a stick.

My fear is that we are losing the choice. I prefer dual clutches to single (automated or manual), but I think we all agree that choice is better.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

LOL Nice

I've loved my sticks over the years but I just can't do it anymore in a daily driver. Too hard on the low back. PDK gives me the option to go clutchless manual or full auto. It's not the same as rolling the gears, but it's something. Choice is good.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
JoeBaseball is infamous around these parts
Before I bought a manual I test drove PDK. At first I was amazed by the precision and efficiency, then I just felt ,well, sort of detached from it all. Now I find myself actually enjoying driving a manual more than I ever did in 3 other P-cars, partly because I worry it will be the last, but also partly because I find myself really enaged again in the process of driving a manual properly.

Of course, if I had to endure a daily stop and go commute, all that high minded logic would be out the door and I would have a PDK!!....so choice is clearly the way to go.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cerbomark
You missed your chance.... to keep the car for yourself.!!! Moral of the story, get a manual with a HARD clutch and you do not have the share it!!! Am I mean I wonder??