997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Why the Porsche 911 is the most iconic sports car ever (picture)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Why the Porsche 911 is the most iconic sports car ever (picture)

I practically stopped traffic to get this shot. Gorgeous classic targa. I don't know the exact year - but suffice to say - at least 4 decades separate these two machines ... and yet it's so plain to see - enthusiast or not - they are relatives. Call me a romantic - I love the nostalgia.

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
chiroporsche is infamous around these parts
That is sweet. I love the look of the old 911s.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
I practically stopped traffic to get this shot. Gorgeous classic targa. I don't know the exact year - but suffice to say - at least 4 decades separate these two machines ... and yet it's so plain to see - enthusiast or not - they are relatives. Call me a romantic - I love the nostalgia.
Couldn't agree more. Whenever my fascination with SUV's subsides and I get back into cars, there is really only one question left in my mind... PDK or stick for my 911? lol

Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Those are Paternal Twins!!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
Very cool. I live about 5 min from where you took that pic!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
That is a great picture. Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
That is sweet. I love the look of the old 911s.
I prefer the word "classic"

Old 05-11-2012, 02:30 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
great picture!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
And cousins :-)

Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I'm not a huge fan of our cousin.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
OP drove right in front of me on the way to work this a.m. How bizarre.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Those are Paternal Twins!!
grandpa and grandson.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MBENZF1
I'm not a huge fan of our cousin.
Many youthful adventures spent in that cousin. A total death trap that I would never let my kids drive but... ohhh the memories :-)

Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Without that ugly cousin Porsche as we know it may have been very different.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
hahahahah! amazing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why the Porsche 911 is the most iconic sports car ever (picture)