997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

ViseeO MOSTO Bluetooth - CD Changer Not Found

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 AM
sambone95 is infamous around these parts
ViseeO MOSTO Bluetooth - CD Changer Not Found

I have had the ViseeO MOSTO installed for a few months. I am very pleased with it thus far. I was able to install it myself in less than 30 minutes, pairing was a snap, my phone book transfer was quick, call/mic quality is excellent, A2DP sound clarity is among the best I have ever heard, steering wheel controls work as expected, etc.

However, there is one major exception: Every time I start my vehicle, I must click through the "CD Changer Not Found" error. Very annoying/tacky!

I have an 06 Carrera S, PCM 2.1 with BOSE. SW Version 3.3. I removed the Harman & Becker phone module and installed the MOSTO in it’s place, under the passenger seat. I completely removed the CD Changer and installed a new fiber optic cable with three MOST plugs (head unit, BOSE amp, navigation drive) to close the loop.

Any insight you could provide would be helpful.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
you'll have to see a dealer or indy w/ PIWIS system to get CDC, which you removed, deleted from the system. Even though you closed the hardware loop, the software is still looking for it (same as if you added a new component i.e NAV or CDC - even if you add the fiber optic loop, the software still needs to know to look for it).

Good luck

Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I had considered that option, however, I am concerned that disabling the CDC will impact the functionality of the ViseeO. The ViseeO uses the CDC protocol to control the A2DP function for streaming music over Bluetooth from my phone. The apprehension to make any changes to the PCM via the PIWIS is compounded by a lack of confidence in my local dealer. In my limited experience with the shop (I recently moved to St Louis, MO) the manager on duty seemed disinterested and annoyed at the idea of completing any work outside the norm. In fairness, by their own admission, the dealership shop does far more work on Audis than they do on Porsches.

Do you think it would make sense to temporarily reinstall the CDC to see if the two will work in tandem and the error will disappear?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
That would certainly be best option especially as it uses CDC s/w interface (Dension unit does too). FWIW, Dension unit has a by-pass feature (service mode) to 'hide' it when the PIWIS system is connected (and looking for CDC). ViseeO may too?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Darn. It seems a dipswitch setting or a software update should remedy the situation given nature of the error and the requirement of CDC protocol for operation. Although the functionality of the ViseeO is excellent (this particular error notwithstanding), their support is not.

Reinstallation of the CDC is the next step. That will have to wait until I have time to bring the car to a friend’s garage. I will post the results once complete. Thanks for the input!

Anyone else out there experience similar issues after installing the ViseeO?