997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I had a Porsche door emblem put on my car this weekend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
blazinginder is infamous around these parts
Next up you need the clear sider markers

Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Hey Don - kind of an unexpected cool look, especially considering it's a Targa. Glad you like it because yours is the only vote that counts.

Since you've got the original images, any chance somebody in the house uses Photoshop?
I'd love to see that stripe in a semi-matt GT Silver, and in a matt red almost identical to your current body color. The latter might be just subtle enough to be very cool.
Or both could be horrible.

Anyhow, keep enjoying the views.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
I think it looks great. Its your car so do what makes you happy.
I have Guards Red too and want to do similar.
I want a decal as close to GT silver as possible to match my wheels.
Where did you get the decal?

Places in LA I called will not install decals not made by them but nobody here has this specific decal.
I'll have to see if K1 in SD has them and make a day trip.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
It looks good.

I probably would have gone with another color for less contrast, the white on red is a very sporty look though. I might have done matte black, silver, or dark grey.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
It looks good.

I probably would have gone with another color for less contrast, the white on red is a very sporty look though. I might have done matte black, silver, or dark grey.
I really like the way the white on red pops! It would be nice if I could see it with the other colors. I also like the idea of dark gray. I thought about black and was going to exchange it for black, but I thought it would just look dirty and draw the eye to the tires. It's funny to look at pictures without the stripe now, it looks like it was missing something.

It has a little more "Mach 5" to it now, now if only I can find Pops to install the steering wheel...

Last edited by DoninDEN; 05-21-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ArainLA
I have Guards Red too and want to do similar.
I want a decal as close to GT silver as possible to match my wheels.
Where did you get the decal?
I ordered it from Suncoast Porsche, they are a board sponsor. They have silver! I'd love to see some pics after its done! Here's the link:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997S_emblems

Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Don - select your favorite pic and have somebody do a Photoshop color swap on the stripe. It should be very easy. Post a few results here.

I agree with you about the dark color stripe. Creates too much of a void as well. Also agree that the white 'pops'. A little too much for my eye, but it's not my car so I don't get to vote.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I like it and ill tell you why.....It looks retro and in a good way. I just remember as a kid seeing lots of red 911's with white decals. Yours looks great and even better on the awesomeness that is a Targa.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by TomE
Don - select your favorite pic and have somebody do a Photoshop color swap on the stripe. It should be very easy. Post a few results here.

I agree with you about the dark color stripe. Creates too much of a void as well. Also agree that the white 'pops'. A little too much for my eye, but it's not my car so I don't get to vote.
I don't have photo shop. I'd be glad to send one of the pics if someone wants to change it around. Just shout your email in a PM. I'm keeping my nod to racing heritage white and red for now.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by Katera
I like it and ill tell you why.....It looks retro and in a good way. I just remember as a kid seeing lots of red 911's with white decals. Yours looks great and even better on the awesomeness that is a Targa.
Thanks!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
I really like the way the white on red pops! It would be nice if I could see it with the other colors. I also like the idea of dark gray. I thought about black and was going to exchange it for black, but I thought it would just look dirty and draw the eye to the tires. It's funny to look at pictures without the stripe now, it looks like it was missing something.

It has a little more "Mach 5" to it now, now if only I can find Pops to install the steering wheel...

After looking at it again I think you are right about the black.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Nice touch, Don.
Did it went over the stone guard?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slick911
Nice touch, Don.
Did it went over the stone guard?
Post #6 says over the stone guard.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Not my cup of tea.......

Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM
forbes210 is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome!!! Love targas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I had a Porsche door emblem put on my car this weekend.