997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I had a Porsche door emblem put on my car this weekend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I had a Porsche door emblem put on my car this weekend.

I wasn't sure whether I'd like it before I had it put on, but it turned out great!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Very nicely done. I like it!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Looks great!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I like it. I do have a question... Do you have to remove the stone guard to get the strips under or do they go on top of it?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:14 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
White on red looks great...but people know it's a Porsche - not sure why more info is needed.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:11 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I like it. I do have a question... Do you have to remove the stone guard to get the strips under or do they go on top of it?
The decal goes on top of the stone guards. My install shop said they come off very easily when and if you want them to go.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
White on red looks great...but people know it's a Porsche - not sure why more info is needed.
LOL. It's a design thing more than for information. I could have used my zodiac sign instead of "Porsche", but that would have lost the nod to the car's heritage.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:23 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
oh dear, not a fan...but its a clean look, what did you do with the s/c?

Last edited by kkswow12; 05-21-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: old age
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Here are a couple more photos:

Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by kkswow12
oh dear, not a fan...but its a clean look, what did you do with the s/c?
I understand. I was worried I wouldn't like it. My conversation on the way over to pick it up from Mike at the Man Cave, was "How hard will it be to take it off?" He had texted me a couple photos and I was worried I would think it looked tacky. Then when I saw it in person, I really liked it.

I still have supercharger. I will probably post it this week on eBay and on here for sale. It's hard to sell it because I really want it in the car. I still want a second opinion, because Tom at TPC is going solely off Luke's thoughts. They know the thing fits in the coupe and the cab, so I can't believe it can't be made to fit in the targa. I may just be being bull headed.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
gawd, beautiful car... for what its worth, i had an audi a6 2.8 and i did the PES s/c, it went from +/- 200 hp to 300...more than anything else, it was the sound that was tookool, spooling s/c was great, i hope you figure it out, good luck

Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
looking at those pics, have you done any foolin around with the area where the roof line ends at the bottom of the window? looks cleaner than others...

Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
Not my thing, but looks well done and clean!
Good job

Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
sullivas is infamous around these parts
Good color combo, works well.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by kkswow12
looking at those pics, have you done any foolin around with the area where the roof line ends at the bottom of the window? looks cleaner than others...
No, she's stock. Nothing nicer than a squeaky clean Porsche on a beautiful day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I had a Porsche door emblem put on my car this weekend.