997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Attention SoCal - Porsche Building New LA Facility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Attention SoCal - Porsche Building New LA Facility

Porsche Building New L.A. Facility
by NSSN Staff

ATLANTA – Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) has announced that Porsche Motorsport North America (PMNA) will move its operations from Santa Ana to Porsche’s future Experience Center in Carson, Calif.

PCNA will build a 53-acre facility and road handling course at one of the busiest cross roads in the Greater Los Angeles area beginning this summer with the completion expected by fall of 2013.

“This not only makes sound business sense, but is symbolic as well,” said Detlev von Platen, PCNA’s President and CEO. “Aside from offering a modern, purpose built working environment, the motorsport specific operations will provide additional energy and dynamics to a facility that is all about performance both on the vehicle and human side. Thus our new Experience Center will perfectly symbolize the core of the Porsche brand, which has always been a successful blend of a passion for racing and for spirited yet responsible driving on open roads,” he added.

The new Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles will offer a world class test track and handling course, including areas where special surfaces replicate rain, ice and snow conditions plus a special off-road area that combines 45-degree declines and ascents.

In addition, the Center will also offer programs focused on maximizing personal fitness, wellness and athletic performance. This unique facility, the Porsche Human Performance Center, will feature a leading sports science laboratory and training programs, incorporating the latest techniques used in preparing Porsche race car drivers.

The Porsche Experience center will not just be for those who drive the track. The facility is designed for the whole family, offering a Porsche Café and gift shop along with plenty of track side viewing areas. Additional fine dining facilities will be available for business meetings and events.

“We are very happy that we’ll be able to move PMNA’s operations to the next level,” said Jens Walther, President of Porsche Motorsport North America. “Our future home will offer us the space needed to expand our operations from engine and transmission building, parts supply and race support to developing our vintage racing services to the many owners of Porsche’s historic race cars in this country.”

Short URL: http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/?p=50961

Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
That's relatively old news. PCNA announced it and showed plans at the LA Auto Show in December and it was heavily discussed then.

I had hoped that PSDS might set up a satellite operation in LA. I've been to Birmingham twice, but since I live in SoCal the idea of a PSDS operation nearby was very tempting. Sadly, it's not to be. PSDS is keeping their operations at Barber Motorsports.

I expect, however, that the various test drive events that PSDS has previously managed at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana will almost certainly be moved to Carson. Which is unfortunate, since I work in Fontana within a couple of miles from the Speedway. Ah well...

DMoore
'11 Carrera GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...alifornia.html

It's going to be on a former landfill and the adjacent golf course, across the 405 freeway from Carson Ikea (near the Goodyear Blimp hanger).

Last edited by steph280; 05-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for posting old new. I'm still relatively new to the forum, and when I saw the article this week, I thought this information was 'new'. Well, at least it was new to me.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:29 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
What a noob! I can't believe it! Naw, thanks for the reminder. You should swing down to Orange County one SAT morning [early as hell] for Irvine Cars and Coffee and/or to meet up after with the pretty big Porsche Club down here. Nice drive, cool folks, cool cars.

Last edited by socalbd; 05-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
I just drove by the golf course where this is going today on the way to a client meeting. (its just off the 405 in Carson) Golf course if all overgrown and dying. I think they closed it in April.

The "muffler man" statue (that frequently changes clothes!) is still there. Wonder if Porsche will keep him? He's kinda legendary there.

I don't see him on the map of the facility though!

Attached Images   
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by socalbd
What a noob! I can't believe it! Naw, thanks for the reminder. You should swing down to Orange County one SAT morning [early as hell] for Irvine Cars and Coffee and/or to meet up after with the pretty big Porsche Club down here. Nice drive, cool folks, cool cars.
Ha!

Thanks for the offer, but i'll stay up here in the Valley. You housewives of Orange County ***** can keep your botox loving, leveraged real estate, oompa loompa fake tans to yourself, thank you very much.

No offense to any plastic surgeons and real estate agents. My wife and I very much appreciate you.

Last edited by daberlin; 05-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spyerx
I just drove by the golf course where this is going today on the way to a client meeting. (its just off the 405 in Carson) Golf course if all overgrown and dying. I think they closed it in April.

The "muffler man" statue (that frequently changes clothes!) is still there. Wonder if Porsche will keep him? He's kinda legendary there.

I don't see him on the map of the facility though!
Funny you should mention the statute. I looked closely at the model of the facility that was on display at the LA Show. Sure enough, he was there! I couldn't tell how they had him dressed (I didn't bring my glasses) by I think it'd be pretty funny if they put him in a helmet and a Porsche racing suit.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough

You are right. There he is on this map. That would be too funny if they dressed him up in in a Porsche race suit.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 AM
911JDB is infamous around these parts
Socalbd from NP beach you give us OC residents a bad name . Your a noob. This is all about information sharing whether old or new.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by 911JDB
Socalbd from NP beach you give us OC residents a bad name . Your a noob. This is all about information sharing whether old or new.
Relax, guy. Daberlin and I are on the same page--all in good fun. I invited him down and we both exchanged winks and smily faces in the post . Your inability to read says more about you than me or OC.

Have a beer and simmer down. It's too nice out to be putting people on blast when you didn't take the time to read a post between folks who enjoy the same cars.

Glad to know both of you and enjoy the past time.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by DMoore
Funny you should mention the statute. I looked closely at the model of the facility that was on display at the LA Show. Sure enough, he was there! I couldn't tell how they had him dressed (I didn't bring my glasses) by I think it'd be pretty funny if they put him in a helmet and a Porsche racing suit.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S
+1 for the statue. I say they dress him like the Stig.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice

Because we all know how much Jeremy Clarkson LOVES Porsche! hahaha

Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Perfect!

Perfect. But there will have to be a Porsche logo somewhere.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attention SoCal - Porsche Building New LA Facility