997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

sat radio just gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 PM
alexstjo is infamous around these parts
sat radio just gone

Has anyone have this happen on their 997.2. I was running some errands when my PCM didn't have the sat option on the tuner! I could tune to AM or FM but the SAT option was not there. After i started the car back up all of a sudden it was there. Really weird.

My pcm has rebooted itself in the past while driving and I wonder if my PCM is bad.

help

Old 05-26-2012, 08:14 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
there are some software updates for that radio at porsche, they have several faults. I would have porsche check it and try updates, sometimes it fixes certain things. mine has a certain fault that they attempted to fix, it made it better but still happens at times

Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 PM
GS997 is infamous around these parts
Why is it that Porsche radios ALWAYS have problems

Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 AM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GS997
Compared to the mess called idrive in my BMW this system is a treat.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alexstjo
Has anyone have this happen on their 997.2. I was running some errands when my PCM didn't have the sat option on the tuner! I could tune to AM or FM but the SAT option was not there. After i started the car back up all of a sudden it was there. Really weird.

My pcm has rebooted itself in the past while driving and I wonder if my PCM is bad.

help

Similar thing happened to my Wife's Dodge truck (SiriusXM). She had to go on-line and have the service "re-boot" to get the SAT radio to start working again.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:31 PM
i have system version v1.41, does anyone know what the latest version is?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GS997
I've never had an issue with any of mine. Perfect performance.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
When the PCM starts running, if it doesn't get the right responses or acknowledgements from a source, it likely disables that source. So the SAT radio controller was hung up/unrersponsive.. so the PCM just proceeded as if its not there (vs waiting indefinitely for a response or letting you tune in to nonthingness and then wonder if the amp was broken).

Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Electronics do strange things. My status screen, in the tach, disappeared the other day and after turning the car off/on it came back. The speakers in my wife's Cayenne S have come and gone and the dealer has checked every connection as well as the radio.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I am currently having issues with my PCM where it reboots itself for some odd reason. I took it to dealer first time it happened but of course they couldn't replicate the issue and I didn't have any proof. This time it started happening I had my wife video tape it while I drove. Below is the footage
P.S I've already sent this video to my local dealer who are reviewing it and will get back to me.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
let us know what they say

Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
By the bumps in the road and the rebooting it might be a loose solder joint somewhere.

Last edited by function12; 06-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by function12
Buy the bumps in the road and the rebooting it might be a loose solder joint somewhere.
Why would I want to buy the bumps in the road?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Dropped the car off this AM so now waiting to hear back what they find??
regarding the comment about lose soldering/wire etc?? why would it do it only in long (1-2hrs) trip where Navi screen gets really hot, it loses all the map and only see the arrow moving, reboots, and even my SAT/Radio freezes time to time.
This is 100K plus car and have 5k+ PCM not some rigged up system which will come lose when you hit a street bump..
I know there is an issue with the system which I think needs to be replaced not by checking the ground/wire.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Bad or cold solder joints will heat up and expand. Thus losing it's connection. There were serveral TV and PC mfg in the late 1990's and early 2000's that were having this issue along with bad capacitors.
Just a thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sat radio just gone