997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Are Michelin Super Sports Directional?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Are Michelin Super Sports Directional?

Trying to figure out if they are directional or not....thanks.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Trying to figure out if they are directional or not....thanks.
No - they are asymetrical meaning the label "Outside" should be on the outside.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
866 866 6605 customer service Michelin.

Nothing in any info I can find states they are directional..

Old 05-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
No - they are asymetrical meaning the label "Outside" should be on the outside.
Cool. So technically you can rotate them and help with even wear...

Old 05-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
866 866 6605 customer service Michelin.

Nothing in any info I can find states they are directional..
Thanks! Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Cool. So technically you can rotate them and help with even wear...
Sure - side to side obviously with the size differences. From the Michelin description -
"The Pilot Super Sport features an asymmetric design..."

More info from Tire Rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=180

Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Michelin PS2's and tire rotation

Sure - side to side obviously with the size differences. From the Michelin description -
"The Pilot Super Sport features an asymmetric design..."

More info from Tire Rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=180
I have 235/295 fronts:rears and and wanted to see if tire rotation is is possible on 997.2 cars.

Reviving an old thread and wanted to confirm whether the PS2 tires can be rotated side by side to help with even tire wear - what are most of you doing on your cars regarding tire roation and other thoughts?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 AM
The PS2s are directional so the answer is no you cannot rotate them.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Great, thanks Johnny

Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I thought rotating tires was more beneficial when swapping front and rear locations to mix up steering vs drive wheels.

Shouldn't the sides wear the same barring excessive turns in only one direction?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I thought rotating tires was more beneficial when swapping front and rear locations to mix up steering vs drive wheels.

Shouldn't the sides wear the same barring excessive turns in only one direction?
Maybe bc my car is lowered on techart springs, and though I already got an alignment since the spring installation- I notice a slightly more tread wear on the innermost sides of my front two tires. That's why I wanted to see if the PS2 tires I currently have can be rotated side to side being our cars have staggered wheels and cannot rotate front to rear.

I assume when I change the tires to michelin super sports, they can't be rotated side to side too then

Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I thought we answered this a year ago - PS2's are not directional, they are asymmetric so they can be switched side to side. Asymmetric tires say "this side out" or "outside" on the sidewall while directional have an arrow showing direction the tire rotates.

Last edited by jhbrennan; 05-12-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM
I thought we answered this a year ago - PS2's are not directional, they are asymmetric so they can be switched side to side. Asymmetric tires say "this side out" or "outside" on the sidewall while directional have an arrow showing direction the tire rotates.
Yes you did above in post #2- many thanks jhb for clarifying this again (as my search came up with some conflicting answers and led to the confusion)..that was my understanding, that any tire with an arrow showing direction of rotation on the outside: Directional (cannot be rotated side to side) --whereas tires that just say "this side out" i.e. like on my PS2's, are asymmetrical and thus can be rotated side to side.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:50 PM
PS2's are not directional? A year ago I asked about the PSS tire...

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM
You were so definitive with this response, it seemed like you knew the answer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are Michelin Super Sports Directional?