997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need opinoin/Suggestion/Thoughts? Navi Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Need opinoin/Suggestion/Thoughts? Navi Issue

Long story short, back in late March driving back from 2hrs road trip my Navi started acting funny where it would shut off itself and reboot. At one point it froze and I couldn’t even turn it off or on which also affected my radio where I couldn’t turn the volume up/down or change stations. While driving back I decided to time it where it would reboot every 90-100 seconds. I didn’t think to video tape at that time to have as proof (I regret it). My car was still under warranty at that time so I took it to local dealer where they kept the car for a day and couldn’t replicate the issue. I spoke with tech and told service manager that my CPO warranty will expire in April and what if problem comes back? Manager told me if it does come back, video tape it and bring it back. He mentioned that since I brought it in the shop during my warranty period so they should be able to warranty it if they have a proof which they can send to Porsche.
Fast forward to this past weekend where I took a nice drive to Philly for cheese steak run and guess what, my Navi started acting funny again. This time I had my wife w/me who video tapped multiple occasions during the trip up and down and was able to capture video which shows what was going on.
I haven’t made an appointment with the dealer yet and waiting for the manager to return from his vacation.
Wanted to see what are your thoughts on this? You think dealer will replace/fix my Navi under warranty? Or will they ask me to pay for it?
How much ground do I have to fight it in case they won’t cover under warranty?
Also is there anyone with similar issue? What was the outcome?
Thanks
Sid

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
If the manager has any integrity at all he will honor his word.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 AM
kaischi is infamous around these parts
Based on what you're sating I'm sure they'll cover it.

When you brought it it for service, did they write it up (i.e., "customer states that ...")? If you have a record of that you should be ok, in case the Manager is no longer there or changes his mind.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Kaischi,
I did get in touch with the manager and he is being helpful and asked for the video which was sent to him and he forwarded it to Porsche NA. I hope they can resolve this soon.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Also to answer your question, yes they did do a write up on issue and it's in their system as well as I have a print out/receipt/invoice.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
markiii is infamous around these parts
this may sound odd but was your trunk full at the time?

I ask as mine does the same think from time to time and without exception its been when the trunk is full. I'm wondering if something in there is overheating or if the luggage is pressing on a harness somewhere?