997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM
robac is infamous around these parts
997 Value

Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive and thoroughly examine a 991.

In my opinion the 997 just became more valuable.

I don't care for the front end, the rear end, or the fenders. Everything looked so big and bubbly (not curvy, not aggressively sculpted as on the 993, but bubbly).

The interior is very nice, and the ride was quieter (road noise) than the 997.

First time driving a PDK and that transmission is sweet.

I expected to be envious of the new car. When my service was done (yes I went to the dealer for service) I drove home and was very happy with my 997.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
I think just the price of entry into a 991 will help keep 997 prices up.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
Wasn't wild about the twin row of buttons, didn't like the sun roof, h.p. was the same, all for $15k more...

If I didn't have a 997/2 S, then sure.

Honestly, I'd look for a new GTS instead. There are a couple left.

OR, find a sweet deal on an lightly optioned 2012 997/2 S, put on a Tubi exhaust (pass on the PSE) and get some HRE or Champion wheels. You would be in waaaaay under $100k, no pita center lock wheels, but it wouldn't be a wide body.

I just don't see a wave of 991 buyers from 997 owners. My local dealer isn't huge, so YMMV.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Agreed.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Doug L. is infamous around these parts
I agree also.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
The 991 is nice but yes, I agree, doesn't make you want to trade your 997 in for one. I can't wait to see what the 991 GT3 looks like, it might change my mind.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ynot
The 991 is nice but yes, I agree, doesn't make you want to trade your 997 in for one. I can't wait to see what the 991 GT3 looks like, it might change my mind.

+1 on this. I really like the 991 (but not enough to trade as of yet) and I think the GT version of it is going to be stunning. Some guys I know are already on the waiting list to get one sight-unseen.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robac
Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive and thoroughly examine a 991.

In my opinion the 997 just became more valuable.
GTS did. 997.2 - may be a bit. 997.1 - hardly. but, who knows.

i think it is incorrect to judge this brand from performance point of view, it is all about vanity - that is what sells those cars, so, newest coolest p-car will always be best and most valuable.

i do not care about it, all i want is for engine to be reliable and last like one in my 12 year old lexus.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure there's more to the story, but this doesn't seem to reflect a ton of enthusiasm generated for the brand by the new model.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/01/m...-true-edition/

Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by utkinpol
GTS did. 997.2 - may be a bit. 997.1 - hardly. but, who knows.

i think it is incorrect to judge this brand from performance point of view, it is all about vanity - that is what sells those cars, so, newest coolest p-car will always be best and most valuable.

i do not care about it, all i want is for engine to be reliable and last like one in my 12 year old lexus.
Do you plan go drive it like a lexus?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:45 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
"To." Sorry.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted Josh
I think just the price of entry into a 991 will help keep 997 prices up.
I honestly think that there is some truth to this.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
I honestly think that there is some truth to this.
I agree, to a certain degree, older ones will drop, but not as quickly as they have.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:22 AM
While all of the above posts are valid, no one in this thread has even mentioned all of the recalls and problems that are being encountered with the new model. That can only help our resale too.
I'm enjoying the heck out of my GTS, trouble free. So what that they are under waranty - some of them haven't even been able to take delivery of their long awaited cars.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:58 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I have been looking at the 991 purely from the idea that... at one point in the future.. I might opt for a replacement or perhaps an addition to my current 996T. Must say I do like the sound of the new 991 engine and I think that is a great improvement on the " wimpy" exhaust sounds the Porsche systems seem to generate across the product platform. Elas, that's all I can find appealing at the moment, sure the interior has a "design" now which I do not like because it is going towards the Panny (brand awareness I suppose) as a luxury cruiser and on the outside, the adoption of the new hood rules with very little flair, and an obese looking body that desperately needs to go to the gym to do some work-outs. Amazing how much "damage" can be done with a few centimeters change in each of the 3 dimensions. So, I will be waiting for some more time... hoping that the .2 will not end up with some additional electric motors and/or nanny systems but will get some new subtle curves to squeeze it back into a pure sports car format. Tell Porsche that I will do the dieting, they do not have to make the car bigger.

Last edited by hroussard; 06-02-2012 at 02:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Value