997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Roadtrip Luggage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Rusty Rotors is infamous around these parts
Roadtrip Luggage?

Further to my survey on whether to windstop or not. The overwelming response was that I better bring the windstop with me for my extended travel.

Has anyone ever used Roadtrip luggage? The website has minimal information - for me. If anyone has used this product I would be interested in some direct feedback. From what I can tell it looks like the 997 set has two bags for the front trunk. Is one bigger than the other? I am thinking of the Cayman set as it has an additional two bags that I think would fit nicely on the back seat once folded down and still fit comfortably under the windstop.

Thanks
Ron

Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you're taking a road trip but I think you're over thinking this. Put your stuff in your basic luggage or back pack and get to it. You don't need specific luggage for any trip. I throw my diving gear in the car and head for the coast.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:48 AM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
we just use duffle bags. Form fitting for the frunk.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:54 AM
W211 is infamous around these parts
The Cayman set from Roadtrip does look nicer..

Old 06-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Two duffle bags in the trunk. One for my wife and I and one for the 2kids. Backpack of toys and things sits on the tunnel hump between the two back seats.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
If you are going somewhere to a hotel, UPS your suitcase there and use a small duffel bag for the "road"

Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
or u can take a toothbrush and paste in a ziplock.. and buy the things u need on the trip.. i've done that few times to Vegas

or if u want to do it traditionally, the frunk will fit any 2 rollers upto 24 or 26" (forgot the exact measurement right now).. and the rearseats with seats folded down can carry 2 carry-on size bags (incl rollers) under the wind screen. I am always amazed how much stuff fits..

like denversteve said, just pack and go.