997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best Place For Low Interest Auto Loan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
Best Place For Low Interest Auto Loan?

Hi All-

Looking to finance a 911s. Loan will probably be around 65k. Interested in a 75 month. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bank to remotely finance, credit union, etc? Would love to keep my rate as low as possible and not have to go with dealer financing. I'm not ex military, or senior citizen. Thoughts?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jeffreyjames
Hi All-

Looking to finance a 911s. Loan will probably be around 65k. Interested in a 75 month. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bank to remotely finance, credit union, etc? Would love to keep my rate as low as possible and not have to go with dealer financing. I'm not ex military, or senior citizen. Thoughts?
Pentagon Federal Credit Union. I do not believe you have to be former military or federal worker. Low rates but I do not know if they go for a 75 month.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
I shopped around in NY/NJ area prior to my purchase and the cheapest was the dealership... One dealership was offering 1.9% depending on model year. Might not be a bad idea to reconsider your local dealer.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 AM
JCGMS is infamous around these parts
+1 on both above replies:
-Penfed is currently 1.99% up to 60 months max. They have wonderful customer service. As PTParks mentioned, you definitely don't have to be military or federal to join.
-About a month ago I almost pulled the trigger on a CPO at my local dealer and PCNA was offering 1.9%. I would have stuck with PenFed since I already finance my other loans with them and the cost difference for 0.09% was minimal.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
ocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to beholdocgearhead is a splendid one to behold
+1 for penfed, 1.99% is reasonable.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
another penfed vote here.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Yep, penfed.org here as well, you don't have to be in the military, you don't even have to be a citizen, I have a co-worker who is here on a H1B work visa and was qualify for a loan.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:35 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
75 months, really? That seems like an awful long time to finance a car. Why not a less expensive car for fewer months?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Doug L. is infamous around these parts
Over the years, I have always found the lowest rate at my credit union. However, the last car I purchased was for cash. That rate most certainly works best for me when I have the cash. Good luck to you...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:13 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
another vote here for penfed.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:27 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Seems that most of us are PenFed members.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
musicmovesme is infamous around these parts
Try BofA they do 72 months and have solid rates on used dealer and private party.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned
Mattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the rough
yes BOFA is good as well...

Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
PenFed takes my vote, they have 72months ONLY for brand new cars and rates are 3.49% I think, for 60months you can get 1.99%, last month they had online special 1.49%.. *I sound like their sales person*
You have to have a family member who banks w/them to get their membership or working at the Pentagon.
good luck

Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM
JCGMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by simtiaz
You have to have a family member who banks w/them to get their membership or working at the Pentagon.
Not entirely true - you can join by making a donation to certain charities that support our troops. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned!

Simtiaz: I feel like I sound like their salesperson also!

OP: congrats and enjoy your new car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Place For Low Interest Auto Loan?