997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New HREs--Whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:51 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Tom - The wheels give your car a nice retro look. Hope you have many enjoyable miles with them.

The first few photos of your car in the rain shows some fitment issues with the side panels of your convertible top. You might want to get it checked out.

Mark

Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I saw that too and made me wonder. It seems that there is either a fitment issue or the car is sitting on really uneven pavement, and the wet fabric hood is making creases that shouldnt be there.

Good eye Mark! Tom, do you see the point?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Mark & Nick,

I'll check it out when I get downstairs as that picture is on our home in North Jersey & the driveway is very slanted towards the street.....like on a small hill.....I can't check the oil there it's so steep.

I'm parked on flat ground here so I'll check it out.....you're saying the top is pulling...right???

Tom

Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Yes. When its wet it could be more visible...

Old 06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
OK.......I looked at it last night on level ground and I couldn't see what I saw in those pics.....no pulls or wrinkles! Now if I could only say the same!

Tom

Old 06-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Wrinkles on the car is "bad fit". On you its called "charm". WTF Tommy! You know that dont ya?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by dianic
Wrinkles on the car is "bad fit". On you its called "charm". WTF Tommy! You know that dont ya?
I do Nick!!!! At least that's how I choose to look at it........I welcome the years and think they add character to the charm......and EXPERIENCE!

Tom

Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
tommyv,
I like your attitude about the replies from those who are not feeling the wheels. It really is all about what you like.
I'm not feeling them either but I give you hugh props for your attitude. You'll definitely have some exclusivity there....not many will buy these.

Enjoy!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by ice350
tommyv,
I like your attitude about the replies from those who are not feeling the wheels. It really is all about what you like.
I'm not feeling them either but I give you hugh props for your attitude. You'll definitely have some exclusivity there....not many will buy these.

Enjoy!
Thanks.....I don't think I'll ever sell them or the car.......My nephew whose in line for it many, many, many, many years from now, would kill me!!!

P.S. He loves the wheels so all is good!

Tom

Old 06-17-2012, 05:11 PM
BroadwayMo is infamous around these parts
Enjoy in good health, brother.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by BroadwayMo
Enjoy in good health, brother.
Thank you!!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Joe@MartinoAutoConcepts is infamous around these parts
Tom, congrats, i am a big fan of the Vintage look

Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Joe@MartinoAutoConcepts
Tom, congrats, i am a big fan of the Vintage look
Joe my friend....what a pleasure to hear from you.......and thanks for the kind words!

I continue to marvel every day at the miracle that is my Porsche. The artists that are Martino's Auto Concepts saved my car and allowed me to enjoy her again like she was new. Hard to say thanks for that....it just doesn't seem adequate.

I'm going to take a ride out to see you some Thursday afternoon this summer with a buddy and enjoy the "street scene" Debbie described to me and I can't wait to see you and Jon again.

I recommend you to everyone and even my Porsche mechanic is awestruck by the thoroughness of the repair and the artistry of the people. Thank you again and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,

Tom

Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Props for being retro and unique. I think they look great.

The color combo actually works, it's called the Tetradic scheme in color design principles. See how the blue exterior of the car complements the bronze wheels and orange interior.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Props for being retro and unique. I think they look great.

The color combo actually works, it's called the Tetradic scheme in color design principles. See how the blue exterior of the car complements the bronze wheels and orange interior.
WOW...thank you for the kind words....so I actually didn't have to hold my breath to see how the colors matched.........I had science to rely on..........who knew:roll eyes:!

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.