997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New HREs--Whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
New HREs--Whatcha think?

Hey guys,

Today I got my new wheels mounted!! I love them

I know there're not everyone's cup of tea but I especially like them with the BT
color and the natural brown interior. Please forgive the pics as it was raining and had to take them while dodging raindrops!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Tom

Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
congrads. they look good on your car... At first I thought they were black..

Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cerbomark
congrads. they look good on your car... At first I thought they were black..
Thanks....satin bronze.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Not a fan of those...

Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i would like to see the inner mesh parts cut out as well.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by krysFly
Not a fan of those...
Not for me either, but whatever floats your boat!

Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Sorry, but ick!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
NY_Outlaw is infamous around these partsNY_Outlaw is infamous around these parts
19s? i feel they would look much better with a slight drop, but understand the surrounding roads may not allow it. with that said, I think the wheels work with that blue, although I would have went more gold than bronze. big props for trying something different and vintage

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by NY_Outlaw
19s? i feel they would look much better with a slight drop, but understand the surrounding roads may not allow it. with that said, I think the wheels work with that blue, although I would have went more gold than bronze. big props for trying something different and vintage
Thanks my friend! They're 19s and slightly wider than the OEM sizes.

I just didn't want the typical silver or black and these really did it for me. I've always had a preference for different....basically if it's common it's not for me!

Thanks.

Tom

Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Austex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud of
They look a bit too retro for my taste. In fact, they kind of look like the BBS wheels that I had on my 1990 Mazda RX-7 Convertible.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Not feeling it, but is's your car.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Not a fan, didn't like them back in the days, not going to like them now. Most important thing is that it makes you happy.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 AM
deathbyfire_110 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tommyv

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Tom
The bronze/blue color combo is kind of distracting. I think these particular wheels would look much better had they been 18's and mounted on the first generation M3. However, if you like them then our opinions are meaningless. props to you for being adventurous.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the replies........I looked again and I think "nicest wheels I've ever had on any car"....love em'

Everybody sees things through their own prism......that's what makes the world go round!

Best,

Tom

Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM
AllForTheCash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
Not a fan, didn't like them back in the days, not going to like them now. Most important thing is that it makes you happy.
+1. The most important thing is that you love them. Just not a fan of that style.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.