997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Raw power wanted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I wouldn't even put the 360 and the Z06 in the same category when it comes to torque. The C6Z is 'head and shoulders' above the 360 when it comes to power (along with lower maintenance, and better reliability - not getting into personal preferences here, just discussing the capabilities of the vehicle).
These images were burned into my retina years ago - they pop up every time I hear "Ferrari 360 Modena."

Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
how did you get into my personal photo album?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
The 911 GTS is likely faster than the F 360.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:41 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Ditto. I had one on my S and it transforms the car! I tracked my car as well.
The turbo idea is kind of enticing - maybe buy a .1 C2S in good shape and make it into a turbo coupe?
How much delay is there from the turbo? Does it make the car more difficult to control on the track, or less predicatable than NA?
What about torque and power off the line? Will it chirp the tires? Did you also replace the clutch and flywheel?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by krysFly
LOL. My eyes are still burning.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:18 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by krysFly

Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
What about a TCP or VF Engineering supercharger instead of a turbo?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
What about a TCP or VF Engineering supercharger instead of a turbo?
What are the relative attributes?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mseligson
The turbo idea is kind of enticing - maybe buy a .1 C2S in good shape and make it into a turbo coupe?
Would you not be better off trading your car for a 2007 Turbo or buy it and keep the cab at this point?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
If you are debating whether to get a GT500 or a ZO6, and you are basing your decision on handling dynamics/all-around performance, there should be no debate here: your choice should be the Z06.

Shelby GT500 = muscle car for the street that you could take to the track

ZO6 = A lightweight street legal race car meant for the track.

See the difference?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
The 2013 GT 500's are hugely powerful putting down completely stock 615rwhp and with minimal mods hitting the 9's at 144 mph in the 1/4.

But it's not a car that I'd buy to do track days with. It is one that would be a ton of fun to play with on the street though.

A C6 Z06 would be a much better car if you were wanting to take it to the track. Plus a very nice one can be bought for 40K. A new Shelby is going to cost you 20-25K more.

If You want crazy power could also look into a C6 Grandsport which can be had in the 40's also. It's pretty much a Z06 body but uses the LS3 instead of the LS7 that's used in the Z06 and would be a better candidate to supercharge or turbocharge.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
I've never driven a F360, but after driving many Porsche's, you won't beat the pedal placement for heel-toe on a 911.

What are the relative attributes?
If you're looking for more of a kick in your seat from your Cab, please take a look at our VF475 supercharger system. 475hp and 370ft/lbs tq!!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...75hp-911s.html

Everything is completely bolt-on and requires no modifications. We also warranty our items for 1-year or 12k miles.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by VF Engineering
I've never driven a F360, but after driving many Porsche's, you won't beat the pedal placement for heel-toe on a 911
Really?!?

I find the 997 to be the absolute hardest car to heel and toe. Those German engineers and test drivers must have crooked feet, because the brake pedal very very high.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
How much delay is there from the turbo? Does it make the car more difficult to control on the track, or less predicatable than NA?
What about torque and power off the line? Will it chirp the tires? Did you also replace the clutch and flywheel?
Not much at all, drives very naturally aspirated. Doc can answer better but the power comes in very linear, unlike a lot of turbo systems, so no surprises. Makes it very predictable. Read my sig, plenty of power and torque off the line. Yes, it will chirp the tires. I have AWD so plenty of traction. No, still stock clutch. Trust me, you will love it, the speed is intoxicating, speed on it and it goes.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
Really?!?

I find the 997 to be the absolute hardest car to heel and toe. Those German engineers and test drivers must have crooked feet, because the brake pedal very very high.

Yes, once you're really heating the brakes up on the track and fade starts to occur the pedal drops into the perfect spot. On the 993, the pedal is already at the right spot when its cold, but unfortunately I've never been able to drive a 993 that hard to see if the brakes start to fade.

Even then, they must have crooked feet because the clutch in the 993 is where the gas pedal is in my M3 lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raw power wanted!