997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Raw power wanted!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Raw power wanted!

Since I attended the Bondurant course last winter, I can't get the torque of the Z06 out of my head. I have no intention of getting rid of my GTS cab, but for the kind of power that I'm looking for, does anyone have any suggestions in addition to the Corvette? The new Shelby GT 500 is going to be killer too. Anyone have experience with the Shelbys and their heel-toe capabilities?

Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Gtr.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:40 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
Zl1. Amg.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hakaida
Gtr.
I need a manual. And the styling leaves me cold.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Put a TPC turbo on your cab, problem solved, less than a second car.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ynot
I like that idea. But the warranty would be totally voided, wouldn't it?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
My friends...torque monster but not sure of its heel-toe capabilities though.

Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
just drove ferrari 360 spider. Lots of raw power...

Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Really? Does the F360 feel head and shoulders faster than my GTS Cab?

Old 06-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Entropy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mseligson
Anyone have experience with the Shelbys and their heel-toe capabilities?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:02 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mseligson
Really? Does the F360 feel head and shoulders faster than my GTS Cab?
i don't know about head and shoulders (I don't know how tall you are) but its definitely a rocket. I would get it for engine sound alone. It makes your hair thicker and you age slower in it

Old 06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by krysFly
i don't know about head and shoulders (I don't know how tall you are) but its definitely a rocket. I would get it for engine sound alone. It makes your hair thicker and you age slower in it
Does this mean the F430 is even better? How much can they be had for? What pitfalls are there? Still ridiculous service costs?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:09 PM
430 is better. The one I drove was a 2006, they go around $120 or so.
Maintenance on all Ferraris (beside the price) is something I just could not
handle.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:59 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I wouldn't even put the 360 and the Z06 in the same category when it comes to torque. The C6Z is 'head and shoulders' above the 360 when it comes to power (along with lower maintenance, and better reliability - not getting into personal preferences here, just discussing the capabilities of the vehicle).

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ynot
Ditto. I had one on my S and it transforms the car! I tracked my car as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raw power wanted!