997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed Primary Muffler Bypass X-Pipe or Sharkwerkz Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:11 PM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed Primary Muffler Bypass X-Pipe or Sharkwerkz Exhaust?

Trying to decide between the two.. What do you suggest and why? $100 more for the Fabspeed. I'm going to be doing a tune and filter as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
X-pipes will adversely affect low RPM torque. Crossover pipes do not.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 AM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
That's what I was wanting to gain.. Some down low. However the guys at fabspeed said this isn't really the case with an X-pipe, there is still plenty of pressure there..

Originally Posted by PTParks
X-pipes will adversely affect low RPM torque. Crossover pipes do not.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 AM
eas
eas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to beholdeas is a splendid one to behold
Latest thoughts?

So I'm in the same boat now with my 997.2tt. Looking for a more engaging sound, so which would you go with and why?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by eas
So I'm in the same boat now with my 997.2tt. Looking for a more engaging sound, so which would you go with and why?
The general consensus regarding boosted cars and the use of an x pipe is good. Because obviously in most boosted cars you want to free up airflow, so putting two "u bends" together actually creates a vacuum (as one bank fires it pulls air from the other) allowing for much better airflow. As for sound, it's always subjective and you will hear reasons from both camps why the favor either. I personally like the sound an x pipe gives the Porsche. IMO combining the two banks gives the car a much smoother sound.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:26 AM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
Jeff,

Adding X pipe alone will not give you the "Deep" sound you're looking for. If $ is an issue i would suggest getting the Maxflow Muffler first then if you like it louder add the X pipe. I have Fab Max Muffler for about a month now and love the sound of it.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I bought the Maxflo first.....then 2 weeks later added the x pipe. Perfect, great when I get on it, quiet like oem at cruising speed. 2011 4S PDK.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
I have the Maxflo exhaust, and I was thinking about adding the 200 cel sport cats. Will the X-pipe pass inspection in Texas?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
I have the Maxflo exhaust, and I was thinking about adding the 200 cel sport cats. Will the X-pipe pass inspection in Texas?
No issue.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
What about the cat by-pass X-pipe with the O2 spacers? Will that pass inspection?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
I have the Fabspeed x-pipe, but can't speak to your other question. If you have the dealer perform the inspection, I can't imagine they ding you.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm trying to decide as we'll. Sharkwerks is local for me, however I would install the Fabspeed myself. Fr me its wheels or exhaust. Already have the ECU flash and Fabspeed CAI. Anyone have a video of the sound they can post? I can go to Sharwerks and hear something there. Ohhh, I have the Fister hack right now....love the sound, but weight loss and possible power gain is very incising.