997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Are Two Children in a 997 Really Feasible for DD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:11 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vintage TONE
The kids at the age you have require juice and toys while driving. They require bags for all the gear too. Honestly I would probably keep the M3 or even trade it for a lesser valued suv. Then save up some and buy a 911. Have both?
I tend to disagree with the above statement as I believe the "should I/shouldn't I" debate all depends on where a person has to go. I either drop off/pick up my two kids 1 per weekday. They can seem to go the 5 min trip without requiring beverage service or toys, videos, or strollers. Should a trip require the entire 4 member family (or 1+ child & gear), we (I) just take my Wife's car. If I'm running an errand and one of the kids wants to come, I take my Wife's car. If I'm on my own? My choice of cars. In my mind, it's all a matter of how far you "have" to go, whether you "want" to take a kid with you, whether a second car is available, or what you are willing to sacrifice in terms of comfort. I'm shorter than you and I don't mind pushing up a car seat for a 5 min drive. I'm also fine with taking my Wife's car if the older kid wants to "go" wherever I have to go. Rather than passing judgement based on how things look on paper, take a personal survey and compare how much "required" time you'll have to take 1 or 2 kids wherever, and determine whether your desire for the 911 is greater. I really have no idea where the above poster goes and what he does with his kids, but I haven't run into those kinds of problems that have impacted my choice of a daily driver.

Also, if you have a Recaro seat or similar car seat, go take it and go for a test drive in the 911 with the seat behind you and see (approximately) whether you'll be able to drive it and see if you are comfortable (enough).

Last edited by cfos; 06-24-2012 at 04:25 PM.