997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Can't even test drive the BRZ!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Can't even test drive the BRZ!

I'm looking for a cheap 2nd car (in addition to my 997.2).
I called several Subaru dealers. None have any BRZ's, no test drive available, and there is a waiting list to order. WTF? For a $25K car? It goes to show you.... there's a large demand for dynamite inexpensive sports cars. Supposedly, the brz is the funnest and best new sports car in years at its price point....

Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
I have a friend who works at a Toyota dealer and he said he wasn't impressed with scion version. Make sure you test drive before you commit.

Ken

Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Lol-- after owning a Porsche, it might be hard to accept a cheap sports car. Maybe I'll get a jeep wrangler...lol

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have one outback and plan on another new one next year (Wifes car)... They make a simple , good working product. Some models have been hard to come by as of last year because of the floods they had causing production to stop and fall behind. Give them time to get them out in the market and there will be pleanty of test rides.

Last edited by cerbomark; 07-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:42 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
I have a friend who is a marketing executive at Subaru. She holds the distinction of being the first American to get a speeding ticket in a BRZ....six months ago during a photo shoot tour of the car in SoCal. She says the car is simply a blast to drive. Subaru expects it to sell in huge numbers.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:51 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
Lol-- after owning a Porsche, it might be hard to accept a cheap sports car. Maybe I'll get a jeep wrangler...lol
I agree. I'd go either luxury or utility to compliment the 911.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:19 PM
lowbee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
After driving my 2006 997.1 and getting into my 2011 Subaru STi, I still have lots of fun....the the 997 has its character but the STi is no slouch

Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Can't even find one near bay area. As soon as they get on the floor someone will really buy it.

I drove it once and didn't really like it. It's okay but magazines are way way way overrated it though.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:59 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
huge hype for this car, BRZ or FR-S. car looks great & i think it has good potential. it's going to be a very popular modding car for the entry level people.

well, i drove the FR-S. not impressed at all. for what it is i guess it attracts certain target audience but surely not for us. for me, i would get a WRX STi any day (yes i realize it's 10k more & very different car) over the BRZ.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 AM
adcd875 is infamous around these parts
Why not VW GTI? Fun and good looks. I don't have one but I always wanted one. I have too many toys.

91 318is with M3 mechanicals and steering.
05 M3
08 911
And the bikes..

Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
they aren't walking off the showroom floor. no test drive here but that'll change once they age at dealers.

hyundai genesis is another better alternative. built quality on the BRZ is good.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I went with a coworker to drive one. It's pretty fun, and the shifter is fantastic. The car is shockingly compact, and the interior has flash, but feels very cheap compared to Porsche/ Audi). The dealer in Hawaii carries both the Scion and Subbie. To my eyes the Scion has more interesting detailing and is a couple grand cheaper for basically the same car. The Subaru interior was slightly better and less juvenile/ boy racer.

Overall I preferred the Scion. Coworker preferred the BRZ.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Tito_gsx is infamous around these parts
I autox'd an stock FRS with race tires last month and was thoroughly disappointed. The car has a flat power band and didnt have much character. Maybe this is because I was coming from my C2S with supersports. For what its worth I was about 2.5 seconds faster in the porsche than the frs around 50 second course

Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
Playing the numbers game with the FRS, IMO, is missing the point, especially against a 911. How do you think it would compare to say, a Mazda 3 or Miata? Im sure it would be a much fairer comparison, not to mention the elusive fun factor.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sizquik
I agree. I'd go either luxury or utility to compliment the 911.
Agreed. Why bother with a lesser sports car? If you just want to spend 25K upgrade your Porsche by a few years or do a model jump. I prefer to have one killer car than a couple of cars that are competing for my time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't even test drive the BRZ!