997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 4S PDK black leather with some red Alcantara

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM
pam1115 is infamous around these parts
This is an awesome thread! I am browsing through the pictures. I will post mine after I complete. Thanks for the note.

Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Like everyone said, very nice!

Post the pics in this thread if you like, would be a nice addition to the collection.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-interior.html

Old 07-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Looks really great

Your car looks great - I love the idea of using the alcantara!

Here's a couple shots of mine.

Have had all painting done by Eric at Bumperplugs.com and couldn't be happier with how they looked new, and how they've held up over time.

By far my favorite mod is the door handle surrounds - completely changes interior and blends really well with side view mirrors when you are sitting in the car.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Gundo, very beautiful! Love the red center console! Love the door handle surrounds too.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:08 PM
More red :-)

July-22, 2012: Made small updates this weekend. Instead of "dialing" back the red just yet, I decided to go overboard first, then depend on how I feel, may selectively paint some pieces back to black, or replace them with carbon fiber. Here I painted the triangle caps besides the steering wheel and the door latches in red as well. Maybe a little crazy

Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I like everything but the center console in red. The red leather there doesn't work for me with the painted metal/plastic. Otherwise I love it and I have the same car in a Caby.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Center console definitely looks very "busy" in the pictures. Ashtray is at the top of my list to "dial back". In person it is not as bad, so I am keeping it for a couple of weeks and see how it feels over time. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Katera
I like everything but the center console in red. The red leather there doesn't work for me with the painted metal/plastic. Otherwise I love it and I have the same car in a Caby.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
couple more suggestions if you feel the need for more red

I have carbon fiber interior trim and added carbon fiber replacements for the plastic ignition key surround and the ring that surrounds the headlight switch. You can pull both these pieces out easily and paint them red. for the ignition surround just put tape around the soft plastic/leather to protect it and pry a screw driver in there to get plastic part out.Although to remove the ring that surrounds the headlight switch you have to press the switch firmly inward, then turn a click clockwise.. firmly pull out light switch and you can get out the surround ring with a few torx screws. just some ideas

Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 AM
qikqbn, thanks for the tips, that sounds like a good idea and easy to do. I may try that when I get chance. The initial "fever" has passed, so I haven't been working on the car.

I was also thinking of painting the plastic trim/strip under the instrument dial, but not exactly sure how to remove it. I almost pulled it out, but it seems to be connected to the "skirt" that is attached to the steering column. Thanks.

By the way, I checked out your website, wonderful cars, pictures, videos, articles, projects! And nice garage!

Originally Posted by qikqbn
couple more suggestions if you feel the need for more red

I have carbon fiber interior trim and added carbon fiber replacements for the plastic ignition key surround and the ring that surrounds the headlight switch. You can pull both these pieces out easily and paint them red. for the ignition surround just put tape around the soft plastic/leather to protect it and pry a screw driver in there to get plastic part out.Although to remove the ring that surrounds the headlight switch you have to press the switch firmly inward, then turn a click clockwise.. firmly pull out light switch and you can get out the surround ring with a few torx screws. just some ideas

Last edited by pam1115; 08-26-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Quality job. Reminds me of the original Batmobile.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:53 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
car looks awesome. if it were me, id dial back the ashtray, and the door handles. the floor mat is great and so are the small trim pieces including the pdk trim not to mention the small cover on the door by the speaker. i think splashes of red is key. its accent. when red starts covering large pieces then you might be going overboard.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
what paint did you use and where did you get it? very well done!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Wolfnards, I used the hobby model paint from Tamiya, the color is TS-8, Italian Red, see link:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=85008

Originally Posted by wolfnards
what paint did you use and where did you get it? very well done!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ocgearhead
Very well done. Just curious does it look less red and more orange only because it's a picture? Looks nice regardless.
It's because light reflects off different materials (synthetic, plastic, leather, cotton....) differently. That causes what appears to be one color to record differently on film/digital. Your brain automatically adjusts so you see what you expect to see. The camera can't do that.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
How did you prep and paint?
I think the red alcantara being so close to the painted parts clashes since they are not the same.

I love the mats but prefer the smaller PORSCHE logo on the side like OEM but cant find a way to get the red piping with the ORM look logo in red in that spot.
I checked and Lloyds does not do that.

I love that steering wheel!!! Would it fit a 997.1 that is manual?
Could I just remove the paddle shifters?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM
AdrainLA,

I did not do much prep work, just clean the pieces and spray over. The black plastic parts (such as ashtray cover) have rubber coasting on them. The paint sort of "melts" the coating, so you have to strip the coating before painting.

I agree everyone in the forum that the center console is too crowded with all the red, I just haven't got chance to work on it for a while, will paint the ashtray cover back to black when I get chance.

I also searched the Lloyds possibilities, this was the closest to what I wanted.

I have seen people putting the new Sports Design steering wheel on 997.1, but I did not dig the details on how they did it. There is also a version that is for the manual, so they don't come with the shift pedals, no need to remove.

Thanks for leaving me comments. Have fun!

Originally Posted by ArainLA
How did you prep and paint?
I think the red alcantara being so close to the painted parts clashes since they are not the same.

I love the mats but prefer the smaller PORSCHE logo on the side like OEM but cant find a way to get the red piping with the ORM look logo in red in that spot.
I checked and Lloyds does not do that.

I love that steering wheel!!! Would it fit a 997.1 that is manual?
Could I just remove the paddle shifters?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 4S PDK black leather with some red Alcantara