997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 PM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
Center Muffler Bypass

Im looking into the different options here. Can anyone weigh in on AWE's system vs Sharkwerks'? From what I've read it's better to go this route vs an x-pipe because of the power loss. Thanks

Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I have the AWE, but the Sharkwerks is supposedly a little louder. The best cheap mod there is. NOBODY has ever posted who ever regretted getting the center muffler bypass. Not only is the sound a little more aggressive, but removing the restrictive center muffler gives a noticible improvement in the responsiveness and the FEELING of more power....

Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
AWE here along with their mufflers (and black chrome tips). Finish quality is top notch. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I put the Sharkwerks on my car and love it. As I've said before, it completely negates the need for a stereo in the car:

Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by spyerx
AWE here along with their mufflers (and black chrome tips). Finish quality is top notch. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Spy--
Any drone with the full AWE muffler system? Do you have pdk? Thanks

Old 07-21-2012, 09:45 PM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the input guys. Think I'm gonna go with the Sharkwerks system.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
Spy--
Any drone with the full AWE muffler system? Do you have pdk? Thanks
None at all. Loud when you want it, great rumble, close to stock when not on it. I have a 6spd.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
I'm gonna do this this week also.. I'm thinking Sharkwerks. How much is their setup?

Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM
griffinto is infamous around these parts
Anyone with Porsche Sports Exhaust (PSE) have the SharkWerks installed? I still like the option of turning the PSE off when driving through my neighborhood.

Also, is the added performance really noticeable?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Check my video above. I have a GTS (PSE standard) with the bypass and I love it.

No (noticeable) power increase.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 AM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
How is this as far as install goes? Recommended to do through a mechanic, or could an average Joe with out a lift do it?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I know that people have done it themselves, but when I tried it, there were a couple of nuts that I just couldn't get to without some special tools (half-moon wrenches). I also had the car on jackstands, but it was still a little tricky.

So I brought it to the dealer and they had it done in less than an hour. And they also replaced the gaskets to insure a quality seal.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Sharkwerks on my GTS with PSE and really like it. No regrets.

I did have the tech at my local dealer install the pipe. He removed the bumper because it was a bit easier. He did say that it could be done with the bumper still on the car.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words fellas We include instructions with every system but if you want/need to look at them beforehand let us know. It's a fairly easy installation so plan for a couple of hours tops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center Muffler Bypass