997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheel suggestions please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
My own experience, which i think you are in too, is just wait. Do not be to excited to buy those wheels. Yes most of the good ones are very expensive. There are cheap one like the rugers and forgestars but lets face it we get what we pay for. if you get your excitment contained you can get the quality of the expensive onses for the cheaper price. 2nd hand hres or champions are the way to go. In time you will bump into a seller of good wheels for your price. They may not be perfect but suit your need.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Excellent advise and I agree. The hunt is the best part. I got so much done in the last 3 weeks on the car and don't need to finish all at once. My new turbo lid looks awesome. New emblems on way.

Originally Posted by slicky rick
My own experience, which i think you are in too, is just wait. Do not be to excited to buy those wheels. Yes most of the good ones are very expensive. There are cheap one like the rugers and forgestars but lets face it we get what we pay for. if you get your excitment contained you can get the quality of the expensive onses for the cheaper price. 2nd hand hres or champions are the way to go. In time you will bump into a seller of good wheels for your price. They may not be perfect but suit your need.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
What you pay for.

Sometimes you get more, such as Rugers.
I had OE Sport Classics on one 997 that was Sold.
When I bought this Targa, wanted the same look.
I was more than surprised how well they were made and finished.
Balancing also very good too.

Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
here's a link to a huge gallery of 997 wheel options.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/Autos/...sche&model=911

Old 08-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Thanks man those pics are t's on a ritz

Originally Posted by killacam
here's a link to a huge gallery of 997 wheel options.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/Autos/...sche&model=911