997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Updating my 997.1 to 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Macross is infamous around these parts
Actually $450 = $200 bumper + $250 lights

Looks like ebay already removed the bumper post but it was actually listed as a 2008 bumper when clearly it looked like a 2009+. The seller was a junk yard near by so I asked to see it in person, came there and confirmed it was a 997.2, then talked them down from $300 to $200.

Here's the light post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280918145507...#ht_500wt_1413

Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
so a 2011 GTS bumper cover just bolts onto a 997.1 or do you need to mod mounting points etc? how did the LED wire up?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Honestly I'm not sure as Chris, my tech, is just a rock star and everything I asked to have done was always "no problem, I'll make it work". He basically does it all and made it easy for me - painting, installing, etc even getting me a ride to work.

I did need to get FVD harnesses for the LED lights which was the most expensive part of the upgrade.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Skippy00 is infamous around these parts
Awesome looking Porsche mate! love the wheels!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Macross
Actually $450 = $200 bumper + $250 lights

Looks like ebay already removed the bumper post but it was actually listed as a 2008 bumper when clearly it looked like a 2009+. The seller was a junk yard near by so I asked to see it in person, came there and confirmed it was a 997.2, then talked them down from $300 to $200.

Here's the light post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280918145507...#ht_500wt_1413
Doooooood that's a deal right there for your taillight !!!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Macross,
ur ride looks awesome. great deal u got too. congrats on the updated look!

i recently updated my 10 C2S with the GTS bumper but with Sport Classic lip. maybe that's ur next mod.

for those who wants to know, the proper conversion including all the internal ductings, bumper retaining brackets etc. not a cheap job but a great deal if u get into a fender-bender. insurance company will pick up the bill. just something to consider.

Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
I use Chris too. He's painted interior parts on my car. I'll post those most recent mods. He's been working on my car for a year now and has been a great "partner" in this build!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Chris Sterling's latest updates to my car (BOB)....painted (arctic silver) center console, ac vents, dash strips, coat hanger, and seat belt trim....next up, door accents and dome.

Attached Images     
Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 AM
20C4S - wow love the color combination of your car, looks very exotic. And yes that lip looks great!

GTRR - totally agree with you, Chris definitely has been a partner in updating my car - taking the time to do it right and not taking short cuts, even sending me pictures on the progress throughout the day. You can definitely sense he cares about your car and is excited to make the changes as much as you do. Not like other shops that just want you in and out quickly.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:29 PM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
what kinda iPhone holder do you have there? I like it

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Congrats on the conversion. I did this same GTS front conversion last year on my 997.1 C4S. Because I have the wide body I was also able to add the GTS/GT2 rocker side skirts. It was such a great update and transformation that I still feel like I have a new car even after owning it 3 years.

To PasPar : "so a 2011 GTS bumper cover just bolts onto a 997.1 or do you need to mod mounting points etc? how did the LED wire up? "

This is a pricey conversion to go from 997.1 to this 997.2 setup. Much easier and cheaper if you start with a 997.2... BUT For the 997.1 conversion. You have to:
-- update the bumper
-- 2 LED turn signals
--2 new radiator shrouds
--2 new headlight washer nozzle assemblies
--2 grills
--2 cable loom wiring harness' to run to LEDs
--new center mouth air deflector
--lower lip spoiler
--plus the wiring diagram to splice the led cable looms into your existing turn signal main cable that runs the length of the bumper.
--Painting

it's a $3000-4000 conversion after all is said and done... to me, worth every penny. I got my car fully loaded and with great interior options that
are not easy to find. I never felt the need to buy something newer, but just loved the front end on the Sport classic, speedster, and GTS.
Dectane LED lights for the rears really make it complete and give it a nice updated look.

Last edited by qikqbn; 08-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:05 AM
mpkomala is infamous around these parts
were there any electrical issue?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
None, I actually had my independent mechanic splice the new led cable looms into the main turn signal/fog light cable. The original cable looms had 3 connectors for each light. fog/turn/parking. The LED cable loom is only 1 connector, so we had to splice the fog light/turn/parking to the correct wire on the LED loom and the voltage signal corrects itself inside the led light electronics. So no warnings at all.

The only difference in operation is that the "day time running lights" accessed through your navigation interface also run the headlights in the 997.1. So instead I just turn on the parking light switch, which turns on the thin LED line, then with fog light activated you get the super bright DRL look.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Macross
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while now and just picked up my 997.1 a few weeks ago. So far I've already updated the front going with a 997.2 Aero/GTS look (what a difference that made) and added Eibach springs. Here's a before and after picture.

I have to admit, after just buying the car I was a little nervous about who to go to for upgrades. After reading posts on this board I was able to find Chris, a really great guy, out here in LA/Orange County. He's probably the best tech I've met and walked me through all the changes - even sending pics as he worked on it. He just knows Porsches like the back of his hand and does this all at very affordable prices. I highly recommend him as other posters have - 9497059416 - if you're interested in doing really anything with your car.

I'm looking to update my rear next - hopefully very soon will keep you all posted on my updates.
is the car any lower on those eibachs? ride height looks the same.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by qikqbn
Congrats on the conversion. I did this same GTS front conversion last year on my 997.1 C4S. Because I have the wide body I was also able to add the GTS/GT2 rocker side skirts. It was such a great update and transformation that I still feel like I have a new car even after owning it 3 years.

To PasPar : "so a 2011 GTS bumper cover just bolts onto a 997.1 or do you need to mod mounting points etc? how did the LED wire up? "

This is a pricey conversion to go from 997.1 to this 997.2 setup. Much easier and cheaper if you start with a 997.2... BUT For the 997.1 conversion. You have to:
-- update the bumper
-- 2 LED turn signals
--2 new radiator shrouds
--2 new headlight washer nozzle assemblies
--2 grills
--2 cable loom wiring harness' to run to LEDs
--new center mouth air deflector
--lower lip spoiler
--plus the wiring diagram to splice the led cable looms into your existing turn signal main cable that runs the length of the bumper.
--Painting

it's a $3000-4000 conversion after all is said and done... to me, worth every penny. I got my car fully loaded and with great interior options that
are not easy to find. I never felt the need to buy something newer, but just loved the front end on the Sport classic, speedster, and GTS.
Dectane LED lights for the rears really make it complete and give it a nice updated look.

hi, resurrecting an old thread here, am getting ready to put the GTS front bumper on my .1... can you tell me what 'updating the bumper' means? must I relocate mounting points, or...?... this to me seems to be the only part of the .1 that could use the boost this mod provides, pics to come...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updating my 997.1 to 997.2