997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Updating my 997.1 to 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by qikqbn
Congrats on the conversion. I did this same GTS front conversion last year on my 997.1 C4S. Because I have the wide body I was also able to add the GTS/GT2 rocker side skirts. It was such a great update and transformation that I still feel like I have a new car even after owning it 3 years.

To PasPar : "so a 2011 GTS bumper cover just bolts onto a 997.1 or do you need to mod mounting points etc? how did the LED wire up? "

This is a pricey conversion to go from 997.1 to this 997.2 setup. Much easier and cheaper if you start with a 997.2... BUT For the 997.1 conversion. You have to:
-- update the bumper
-- 2 LED turn signals
--2 new radiator shrouds
--2 new headlight washer nozzle assemblies
--2 grills
--2 cable loom wiring harness' to run to LEDs
--new center mouth air deflector
--lower lip spoiler
--plus the wiring diagram to splice the led cable looms into your existing turn signal main cable that runs the length of the bumper.
--Painting

it's a $3000-4000 conversion after all is said and done... to me, worth every penny. I got my car fully loaded and with great interior options that
are not easy to find. I never felt the need to buy something newer, but just loved the front end on the Sport classic, speedster, and GTS.
Dectane LED lights for the rears really make it complete and give it a nice updated look.

Would you mind sending me more pics of your car? Looking to do similar body mods (bumper, spoiler, skirts) and wanted to see some different angles. My email is jasonneill01@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
i believe he means purchasing the new bumper that u want to replace the 997.1 bumper. all mounting points should be identical.

Originally Posted by kkswow12
hi, resurrecting an old thread here, am getting ready to put the GTS front bumper on my .1... can you tell me what 'updating the bumper' means? must I relocate mounting points, or...?... this to me seems to be the only part of the .1 that could use the boost this mod provides, pics to come...

Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
i believe a full glorious writeup and documentation of his entire process and final photos are in his signature (redirects to website)

Originally Posted by White Rock
Would you mind sending me more pics of your car? Looking to do similar body mods (bumper, spoiler, skirts) and wanted to see some different angles. My email is jasonneill01@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 AM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
hi, resurrecting an old thread here, am getting ready to put the GTS front bumper on my .1... can you tell me what 'updating the bumper' means? must I relocate mounting points, or...?... this to me seems to be the only part of the .1 that could use the boost this mod provides, pics to come...

sorry for confusion, "updated bumper" I was just referring to the bumper part in a list of parts you will need. The gts front bumper is a direct bolt on, as far as screws and anchor points, but you will need all those other parts that I listed to make it all work and fit right. The spray nozzles mounting brackets were changed for the 997.2, so you need those... the radiator shrouds are a completely different molding as well, so those are a must. The mouth air deflector is needed as well. If you have tiptronic/automatic transmission and have a radiator in the front mouth opening of your car, then you will have to make sure you order the correct mouth/air deflector.

Best of luck with your conversion. It will make you feel like you have a brand new car! This was by far the best thing I could have done for my car. People can't believe I have an 2006 when I tell them

Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Congrats on the conversion. I did this same GTS front conversion last year on my 997.1 C4S. Because I have the wide body I was also able to add the GTS/GT2 rocker side skirts. It was such a great update and transformation that I still feel like I have a new car even after owning it 3 years.

To PasPar : "so a 2011 GTS bumper cover just bolts onto a 997.1 or do you need to mod mounting points etc? how did the LED wire up? "

This is a pricey conversion to go from 997.1 to this 997.2 setup. Much easier and cheaper if you start with a 997.2... BUT For the 997.1 conversion. You have to:
-- update the bumper
-- 2 LED turn signals
--2 new radiator shrouds
--2 new headlight washer nozzle assemblies
--2 grills
--2 cable loom wiring harness' to run to LEDs
--new center mouth air deflector
--lower lip spoiler
--plus the wiring diagram to splice the led cable looms into your existing turn signal main cable that runs the length of the bumper.
--Painting

it's a $3000-4000 conversion after all is said and done... to me, worth every penny. I got my car fully loaded and with great interior options that
are not easy to find. I never felt the need to buy something newer, but just loved the front end on the Sport classic, speedster, and GTS.
Dectane LED lights for the rears really make it complete and give it a nice updated look.

could you send a pic or 2 of the interior and extra options that came with the car? it just looks so right with this bumper... cheers, kevin

Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 AM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
could you send a pic or 2 of the interior and extra options that came with the car? it just looks so right with this bumper... cheers, kevin
its a bit off topic, but the nice interior options I have are Grey body color painted center console, carbon fiber package, sport bucket seats, navi, heated seats, sport chrono. not in photo, but I have added some additional carbon fiber on door panels, ignition surround, light turn switch surround, cf center rear bin, cf center front console extension.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3193 (Custom).JPG
Views:	163
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	311324   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3195 (Custom).JPG
Views:	153
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	311325   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3196 (Custom).JPG
Views:	147
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	311326   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3197 (Custom).JPG
Views:	136
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	311328   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010406_800.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	311330  

Last edited by qikqbn; 12-13-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
its a beauty, thanks, kevin

Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 AM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
first time posting my car up..
my 997.?

my 997.2 GT3RS airbag and wheel

it was worth every Penny!
still work in Progress ..

Attached Images     

Last edited by AP1to911; 08-13-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:43 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AP1to911
first time posting my car up..
my 997.?

my 997.2 GT3RS airbag and wheel

it was worth every Penny!
still work in Progress ..

Very Nice!! Are the Gt2 skirts installed on these pics? Trying to see if the difference is that noticable from the stockers. Any change you have a 3/4 pick from the front or rear showing the skirts more?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Banned
jtsunnyday is infamous around these parts
Nice!

Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
myw
what a classy beauty.

its a bit off topic, but the nice interior options I have are Grey body color painted center console, carbon fiber package, sport bucket seats, navi, heated seats, sport chrono. not in photo, but I have added some additional carbon fiber on door panels, ignition surround, light turn switch surround, cf center rear bin, cf center front console extension.
all of these conversions look awesome. any more?

Last edited by myw; 08-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM
myw
looks awesome and i completely with you!

Originally Posted by Macross
Realize this update isn't something everyone would want to do, but I actually wanted a 997.2 but just couldn't fit that in my budget. I think I saved 15-20k by going this route.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
pretty cool... I actually like the .1 front with LED conversion better but to each his own. Your car definitely looks better than it did. Any more pics of the rear?

I'd like to see the fitment.

John

Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 PM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Perk10
pretty cool... I actually like the .1 front with LED conversion better but to each his own. Your car definitely looks better than it did. Any more pics of the rear?

I'd like to see the fitment.

John

Fitment for all parts are 100% dead on.
All parts are OEM Porsche, including my OEM Euro rear bumper.

you might say you like 997.1 front with LED, but have you seen one in real life?

i already been through this before. i used to have an OEM GT3 front . Later i wanted LED's..

Aftermarket/ROTTEC is NOT the way to go.

i went to a local shop and tried on those aftermarket front LED's.. they are Horrible ! they might look okay in Pictures and all because it does look like you have LED.. but they are NOT bright enough at all, and have a blueish tint and looks VERY Aftermarket. Am i picky? Sure. i am a perfectionist when it comes to my cars.. but i certainly did not want to look like every other Riceboy in town with LED's on their non-LED car. ( it looks like any other aftermarket LED on your neighbor's civic.)

i think 997.1 GT3 front looks good as is. OEM or nothing.

Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by White Rock
Very Nice!! Are the Gt2 skirts installed on these pics? Trying to see if the difference is that noticable from the stockers. Any change you have a 3/4 pick from the front or rear showing the skirts more?

No GT2 skirts since my car is a narrowbody.

That is probably one of the main reasons i got rid of my GT3 front end.
the car just does not flow from the side shot without a Wing (i like my classic Carrera look for now).. and even with a wing i just dont like the fact that the front hangs down so much lower than the rest of the car it just doesn't look right.

oh, the GTS or Speedster front would look awesome, with or without the Skirts.

it doesn't hang down as low as the GT3 front (which you WILL scrape very often)
it just flows with a nb car so much better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updating my 997.1 to 997.2