997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Updating my 997.1 to 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Macross is infamous around these parts
Smile Updating my 997.1 to 997.2

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while now and just picked up my 997.1 a few weeks ago. So far I've already updated the front going with a 997.2 Aero/GTS look (what a difference that made) and added Eibach springs. Here's a before and after picture.

I have to admit, after just buying the car I was a little nervous about who to go to for upgrades. After reading posts on this board I was able to find Chris, a really great guy, out here in LA/Orange County. He's probably the best tech I've met and walked me through all the changes - even sending pics as he worked on it. He just knows Porsches like the back of his hand and does this all at very affordable prices. I highly recommend him as other posters have - 9497059416 - if you're interested in doing really anything with your car.

I'm looking to update my rear next - hopefully very soon will keep you all posted on my updates.

Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
toptier is infamous around these partstoptier is infamous around these parts
looks good. Welcome.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Look nice !! Is Chris from precision porsche ?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Don't think so, Chris is out in Irvine close to the Spetrum. His shop is called Sterling Concepts / Grand Auto. They focus on high end cars including Ferrari, Bentley, etc. at affordable prices - not a bad strategy come to think of it.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Macross
Don't think so, Chris is out in Irvine close to the Spetrum. His shop is called Sterling Concepts / Grand Auto. They focus on high end cars including Ferrari, Bentley, etc. at affordable prices - not a bad strategy come to think of it.
Does he has website ?

How much your front cost with LED and everything unpainted tho.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Chris is awesome. He does good work. He did my GT3 tail, rear bumper, front lip, and dropped it too. Can't be happier.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I actually bought most of the parts off ebay, the GTS bumper and LEDs were used but I got them for about $700 total.

Thanks to all that have complimented and those that have PM me. Sorry I haven't been able to reply back to any PMs - unfortunately I don't have enough posts (need 15) to reply back yet - but if any of you would like to include your email in your PM, I'd be happy to email back my experience thus far in getting parts, etc.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
I actually bought most of the parts off ebay, the GTS bumper and LEDs were used but I got them for about $700 total.
wow thats dirt cheap. are they OEM?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
RaWBGT3 is infamous around these parts
looks awesome!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Tripleblack is infamous around these partsTripleblack is infamous around these parts
Why? Your car was gorgeous already. Now that the 991 is out updating to an less outdated design seems to lose the plot.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
It looks nice but I don't think it's worth the money. Just get the front LED's and call it a day. Your rear is still going to look like a 997.1.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks all for the compliments

Yes the front bumper is OEM, off a 2011 GTS. Also picked up a OEM 997.2 rear bumper and set of rear LED lights off ebay, all for $450.

Realize this update isn't something everyone would want to do, but I actually wanted a 997.2 but just couldn't fit that in my budget. I think I saved 15-20k by going this route.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !

Yes the front bumper is OEM, off a 2011 GTS. Also picked up a OEM 997.2 rear bumper and set of rear LED lights off ebay, all for $450.

Realize this update isn't something everyone would want to do, but I actually wanted a 997.2 but just couldn't fit that in my budget. I think I saved 15-20k by going this route.
It looks great! Whatever fits your budget and style.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
I think it looks great..!

It takes a lot of time and effort to research to put all these together...kudos to you..! These are mostly cosmetic changes, so most important is you like the final end product. As long as you do not stick the GTS badging, you are good...=)

Well done..!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 AM
You found parts for real real cheap. Unbelievable cheap.
Rear 997.2 bumper + tail lamp for $400 ?
That's real real cheap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updating my 997.1 to 997.2