997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

its ok.... I have another Porsche... 2006 911 c4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Amar is infamous around these parts
Exclamation its ok.... I have another Porsche... 2006 911 c4

Truck backed up onto my 98 Boxster.....didn't see me!
16k in repair costs!

Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Looks like the truck was backing up fast. Did he admit to it? I had a similar situation in my M3. The guy backed up into me, got out of his car and started screaming why I hit him. Well, I almost lost it and really hit him. Thankfully there was a witness, because by the time I called my insurance he already reported me. Anyway, nice new ride, sometimes these accidents turn out "lucky"

Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
The driver of the truck is lucky that the engine wasn't in the front - That would be more than $16k in damages...

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Oh ouch !! The insurance total it then ? Well I hope your day turns out better then it started.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
at $16k a '98 Boxster would easily be salvaged as total loss and not repaired.

Accidents certainly do happen but too bad there are these types of idiot drivers out there...

Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Amar is infamous around these parts
Yes it has been a total loss... they gave me 19k it was in great condition and fully optioned out.
It was a girl driving the truck she just rented....she didn't see me she said.
I saw her backing up and hit the horn but it was way too late.
no worries
happy driving the 911 everyday.....going to miss the Boxster

Old 08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Years ago I had a young girl do the same thing to me. She was starting to turn the wrong way on a one way street and I honked and waived my arms and she threw it in reverse and plowed into my passenger side.

She got out crying, please don't report it because her dad will kill her and she would take care of everything. I suspected she and her friend had been out for happy hour and being a male raised to treat women differently than men, took pity on her.

The next morning her father called and asked how I planned to take car of the damage to his daughter's car.

I replied, "I don't know what would upset me more being in your shoes: having my daughter lying to a stranger to get out of trouble or that she is lying to her father, but unless my car was able to drive sideways down the street into the back of her car, she backed into my car."

If she had backed into the front of my car, I would have been screwed. Lesson learned was file a report if you can get a LEO to write one. (That's another story)