997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Armor All Wheel Protectant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Given the price I would try the AA, but I've found AA products to be terrible in the past so I haven't used them for awhile.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hakaida
Given the price I would try the AA, but I've found AA products to be terrible in the past so I haven't used them for awhile.
haha u r 100 % right.. AA products suck !

except this one.. I was surprised, too !

btw, a bottle may be good for 2 x application

Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
I use it on my hard to clean OEM Sport Design wheels, and I give it 2 thumbs up. It's actually pretty amazing. You should be able to get at least 2 uses from each bottle.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
id give it a go, the honey vid sold me.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
musicmovesme is infamous around these parts
really only two uses??? i've done 3 sets of wheels with one can and have plenty left. i don't soak my wheels but get a very good coat on.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by musicmovesme
really only two uses??? i've done 3 sets of wheels with one can and have plenty left. i don't soak my wheels but get a very good coat on.
prob depends on the type of wheels.. mesh wheel needs lil more vs 5 spoke.

Also, i sprayed 'liberally'.. per AA direction.
but i can see the wheels still have the protection after few weeks, hence, i used less the 2nd time around.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM
SBPORSCHE is infamous around these parts
I've been using the AA product for 6 months. It works extremely well. Every few weeks I can just spray off the few spots of dust that seem to accumulate with water. The wheels seem to continue to repel dust until I actually wash them with soap.
One tip: I used to wash the wheels, then drive around to get all the rust off the rotor, and then re-detail... then spray on teh AA. Now I just wash and dry the wheel (and barrel)...and apply the AA. It does a really job job of repelling the post wash rust explosion. This way I don't have to detail twice!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
GBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SBPORSCHE
I've been using the AA product for 6 months. It works extremely well. Every few weeks I can just spray off the few spots of dust that seem to accumulate with water. The wheels seem to continue to repel dust until I actually wash them with soap.
One tip: I used to wash the wheels, then drive around to get all the rust off the rotor, and then re-detail... then spray on teh AA. Now I just wash and dry the wheel (and barrel)...and apply the AA. It does a really job job of repelling the post wash rust explosion. This way I don't have to detail twice!
Tip on preventing rust from getting in you wheels after washing the car, use a wet/dry vac and vacuum each rotor. It takes less than 5minutes and they will look perfect when you drive off.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
I bought a can of the protectant yesterday. The wheels on my Audi A6 get VERY dirty quickly, so I thought I'd experiment with them. I cleaned them all thoroughly and applied the protectant only on the L/H side. I'm driving up to Rogers this morning for the week on business and will compare both sides when I get back on Friday. If it works on Audi wheels after 400 miles, it should work on anything...

Old 08-13-2012, 07:06 AM
mxp
mxp is infamous around these parts
I tried this on my black wheels after cleaning the and then drying them, the AA left a murky film over the entire wheel which did not go away as I left it to dry for 5 hours in my garage ... very evident on colored wheels it seems, silver wheels work fine

Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
I bought a can of the protectant yesterday. The wheels on my Audi A6 get VERY dirty quickly, so I thought I'd experiment with them. I cleaned them all thoroughly and applied the protectant only on the L/H side. I'm driving up to Rogers this morning for the week on business and will compare both sides when I get back on Friday. If it works on Audi wheels after 400 miles, it should work on anything...
keep us posted !

Originally Posted by mxp
I tried this on my black wheels after cleaning the and then drying them, the AA left a murky film over the entire wheel which did not go away as I left it to dry for 5 hours in my garage ... very evident on colored wheels it seems, silver wheels work fine
good to know.

i have a charcoal rim so i figured it should be ok on black rims as well.

is it possible u over-sprayed ?

think of it like a spray paint-can.. lightly spray to cover, move on to next wheel and so on. Then repeat. (i applied x3 the first time, FYI,)

Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Pep Boys doesn't actually sell this AA product - not sure why. I showed them the picture off the AA website and they said they'd never heard of it. I bought three cans off of Amazon, NOT $5 :-( and I'll be getting them over the next few days. Both the Porsche and the Audi put tremendous brake dust on shiny wheels, so I'm hoping this stuff does the trick. I'll follow up in a few weeks with my post deployment sitrep.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by daberlin
Pep Boys doesn't actually sell this AA product - not sure why. I showed them the picture off the AA website and they said they'd never heard of it. I bought three cans off of Amazon, NOT $5 :-( and I'll be getting them over the next few days. Both the Porsche and the Audi put tremendous brake dust on shiny wheels, so I'm hoping this stuff does the trick. I'll follow up in a few weeks with my post deployment sitrep.
yeah, i dont think pepboys carry any AA stuff.. i got mine at O'reilly auto parts.

and i got it for $5 on-sale. How much was it @ amazon ?

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

i got it at local auto store for $5 on sale. Usually they run $7-8.. But totally worth it !

Old 08-13-2012, 03:20 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
yeah, i dont think pepboys carry any AA stuff.. i got mine at O'reilly auto parts.

and i got it for $5 on-sale. How much was it @ amazon ?
$10.20/each including shipping (no tax..at least not yet!).

Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by daberlin
$10.20/each including shipping (no tax..at least not yet!).
ouch !

o'Reillys still selling it for $5.49

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0808&ppt=C0209

looks like its not available on-line tho.. pick up at store only

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Armor All Wheel Protectant