997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Armor All Wheel Protectant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Armor All Wheel Protectant

As u all know, performance cars like the 911 tend to produce lots of brake dust..

and having a y-mesh like my HRE C90s make the wheel cleaning a time-consuming task. Plus a week later, the wheels are dirty with dust and grime.

Then a forum member suggested trying Armor All Tire Protectant..

and Voila ! the freaking wheels stayed CLEAN !!

i washed the Pcar 3 weeks ago, along with a fine detail to rims and red brake calipers.

Sprayed the protectant generously around the wheels and the calipers.

let it sit for an hour or so.

three weeks and 500 miles later (a trip), the wheels and the brake calipers are still clean !! There are more dust on the actual car than the wheels/caliper !

All i can say is try this product !

Watch the video:

http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...?product_id=33

i got it at local auto store for $5 on sale. Usually they run $7-8.. But totally worth it !

Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Just dont wash. Once you. Wash the thing is off and dirt sticks again and you have to respray.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Does it still work if you apply it AFTER you wax to your wheels?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Just dont wash. Once you. Wash the thing is off and dirt sticks again and you have to respray.
i didn't have to wash the wheels since they were still clean, but i had to wipe em dry since they got wet from the car wash..
i just sprayed the AA protectant lightly once dry.
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Does it still work if you apply it AFTER you wax to your wheels?
i used to put wax on my wheels in effort to keep them clean longer.. but this protectant is like a wax spray.
I am pretty sure ur current wax on wheels will not affect the outcome of the armor all spray. However, u will no longer have to wax ur car wheels. simply spray !

Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 AM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Was it me?

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
CrazyC - was it me who did the post? .....just curious. Jealous of those rep points!
The irony of the discovery is my subsequent change to matte black wheels. Now its moot.....oh well.
Hope it benefits others

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rake-dust.html

Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
musicmovesme is infamous around these parts
+1 this stuff really does work! i was is a rain storm and not a water spot to be found. pretty impressive

Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
CrazyC - was it me who did the post? .....just curious. Jealous of those rep points!
The irony of the discovery is my subsequent change to matte black wheels. Now its moot.....oh well.
Hope it benefits others
i read https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...repellent.html post #2 by DCREED10

just like u, i was amazed at this stuff and wanted to let others know.. before AA discontinues this great product.
Originally Posted by Dcreed10

This is the best I've found... works great for a few weeks.

I've tried them all... watch the video on that link, you'll be impressed.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Cool - thanks for the vouch on it carlitos.

One more bottle of stuff in the detailing cabinet isn't gonna hurt

Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
You can also use shoe protectant. Why not just spray it all over your car and never have to wash your car again?
i havent heard of using a shoe protectant.. but i'll look into it.

u can be the first to try on the whole car..
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Cool - thanks for the vouch on it carlitos.

One more bottle of stuff in the detailing cabinet isn't gonna hurt
yeah, i've got two shelves full of detailing bottles..

Let me know how the AA tire protectant works out for u

Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
As u all know, performance cars like the 911 tend to produce lots of brake dust..

and having a y-mesh like my HRE C90s make the wheel cleaning a time-consuming task. Plus a week later, the wheels are dirty with dust and grime.

and Voila ! the freaking wheels stayed CLEAN !!

i washed the Pcar 3 weeks ago, along with a fine detail to rims and red brake calipers.

Sprayed the protectant generously around the wheels and the calipers.

let it sit for an hour or so.

three weeks and 500 miles later (a trip), the wheels and the brake calipers are still clean !! There are more dust on the actual car than the wheels/caliper !

All i can say is try this product !

Watch the video:

i got it at local auto store for $5 on sale. Usually they run $7-8.. But totally worth it !
Thanks for the tip. One point of clarification: it is wheel protectant, not tire protectant.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by hakaida
from amazon review:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-WAC_303-Wheel-Guard/product-reviews/B001THV9D0/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1& sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Hard to apply and remove. Doesn't work well, July 25, 2012 By
TimM (Boston, MA)

This review is from: Chemical Guys WAC_303 Wheel Guard Wheel Wax - 8 oz. (Automotive)

There are two bmw's in my driveway that i tested this product on. On both cars, i put this stuff on the passenger side and on the other, Armor All Wheel Protectant. the WAC Wheel Guard is applied and removed like wax. You put it on, let it dry, then remove it with a cloth. It's very time consuming, but it'd be worth it if it worked well. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well compared to the Armor All, which you just spray on.

After a few days, there's brake dust everywhere. Rinsing with a hose removes some of the dust, but leaves little round specs of brake dust all over the wheel. Actually looks like rust spots (but they are brake dust mini-clumps.) In my opinion, it's worse than if i'd done nothing.

For my application, the armor-all works better than this product (but still not more than a week or so. Automatic car washes seem to remove the barrier effects). I've also done the same comparison to Maguire's hot wheel barrier. Armor all is better. If anyone can recommend a better product, post it.

I won't buy "wac wheel guard wax" again. I won't even use what's left in the container. It's too much work, not enough results.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
from amazon review:
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-WAC_303-Wheel-Guard/product-reviews/B001THV9D0/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1& sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Hard to apply and remove. Doesn't work well, July 25, 2012 By
TimM (Boston, MA)

This review is from: Chemical Guys WAC_303 Wheel Guard Wheel Wax - 8 oz. (Automotive)

There are two bmw's in my driveway that i tested this product on. On both cars, i put this stuff on the passenger side and on the other, Armor All Wheel Protectant. the WAC Wheel Guard is applied and removed like wax. You put it on, let it dry, then remove it with a cloth. It's very time consuming, but it'd be worth it if it worked well. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well compared to the Armor All, which you just spray on.

After a few days, there's brake dust everywhere. Rinsing with a hose removes some of the dust, but leaves little round specs of brake dust all over the wheel. Actually looks like rust spots (but they are brake dust mini-clumps.) In my opinion, it's worse than if i'd done nothing.

For my application, the armor-all works better than this product (but still not more than a week or so. Automatic car washes seem to remove the barrier effects). I've also done the same comparison to Maguire's hot wheel barrier. Armor all is better. If anyone can recommend a better product, post it.

I won't buy "wac wheel guard wax" again. I won't even use what's left in the container. It's too much work, not enough results.
Let's see. 4 5 star reviews and 1 2 star and 1 star review. Nice job cherry picking, but I'll stick to chemical guys. It looks and work great on my RS Spyder wheels.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by hakaida
Let's see. 4 5 star reviews and 1 2 star and 1 star review. Nice job cherry picking, but I'll stick to chemical guys. It looks and work great on my RS Spyder wheels.
u can use whatever product u like.. but have u tried the armor all ?

i was just trying to show a review where someone actually tested both products.

its not like i get a kick-back from Armor all

i just know how easy it was to apply and how effective it is.

for me, to hand-apply the 303 u recommend on my mesh wheels would defeat the purpose of saving time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Armor All Wheel Protectant