997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Convertible Sport Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 AM
roelricardo is infamous around these parts
Convertible Sport Cars

This is just my opinion and I do not intend to make a point on technical details, but since I can remember I do not like convertible cars, I think just for a few minutes I enjoy a convertible but then is completely destroy this cliche of having the sun burning on my skin, my hair in pain because of the wind, just then figure it out that all this suffering is going if I put the roof, surprisingly this does not happens the noise on high speed is terrible, the car of your dreams looks horrible with the roof on.

And there's is more I used to preoccupied when I arrive at the movies or other place just thinking that my car and all the things inside radio, music, personal stuff etc. was just secure by a fabric cloth material.

Then is the security, ok in this case Porsche are sport cars fast and I like to go fast, what happens if I roll? I don't have a roof to protect me, no way I want my roof.

Then is the technical issue the chasis bends and is heavier than a coupe.

For me a convertible is more they sale a dream, in my world it does not work, I simply enjoy more a hard roof coupe.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
OK, so just buy a coupe then. I'm not sure why you feel compelled to explain to all of us why you don't like convertibles. All models are great, and they make a variety of models to appeal to a variety of tastes in the marketplace. If everyone hated convertibles and therefore didn't buy them, they wouldn't make them.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
that was random.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Pretty much everything you said...I feel the opposite

Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome! Finally someone who explained to me why he doesn't like a convertible! Now I get it.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
do you know that a convertible has a top and roll over protection? yes, look it up

i have coupe and cab. both are great!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:06 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
WTF!! I never have and never would buy a coupe! There!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
OK, so just buy a coupe then.
That's why coupe's and removable hardtops are made. Pick the one you like best. I have the best of both worlds, Cabriolet with hardtop for the rare times I want/need a hard top. You should post a photo of what it is you do have.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:45 PM
roelricardo is infamous around these parts
Like I said this is just my opinion, and I have no other intention than saying what I feel for convertibles, yes I know some people love them, I do not like I said for many reasons, maybe because I live in Mexico and is very hot, is fun just for a couple of minutes in my opinion, even If you used the A/C.

And yes I have a coupe

Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2012, 02:51 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I just dont like look of converts with the top up... I think it also depends on your location and type of driving you do. I got a coupe mainly because of the reasons posted by the OP although let me say I have no problems with people having converts and do think they are just as cool, just different.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Goldduster is infamous around these parts
I guess its' a good thing that Porsche doesn't make convertibles, only Cabriolets

Old 08-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure you fell better having gotten that off your chest. However, as this is not the "doctorphil6speeddonlineforum" please excuse us if we don't have any constructive advice for you regarding your deep-seated resentment of convertible sports cars. I might offer though that you should seek professional help immediately as failing to do so could result in headaches, insomnia and potentially harmful psychotic episodes.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
You mean you would rather live in a house where you can just open the windows instead of getting outside on your deck/ balcony and enjoy the open air.. Hmmm, not sure about that one.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
I bet you are not to keen on motorcycles either.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Michaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the rough
Do 135 mph with the top down and report back. A friend of mine did that and I have been a fan ever since.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Convertible Sport Cars