997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
"this is very common"

EXACTLY!

I was waiting for you to see how I help your case
Gun don t kill, people do!!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Purple Squirrel is infamous around these parts
It's good to know there are brave souls out there with concealed permits carrying to protect us:

http://news.yahoo.com/man-accidental...053240527.html

**EDIT** Oh sorry I mean accidentally shooting at us. Sorry - misread the article.
As funny as it is that he shot himself in the a_s_s its also reflective of the lack of training and practice that many with concealed carry permits exhibit.
People like that guy make it even harder for those of us who do put in the time to train and practice to not be viewed as gun toting idiots.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by Purple Squirrel
As funny as it is that he shot himself in the a_s_s its also reflective of the lack of training and practice that many with concealed carry permits exhibit.
People like that guy make it even harder for those of us who do put in the time to train and practice to not be viewed as gun toting idiots.
I totally agree - isn't it way too easy to get a gun? That's kinda the crux to my point. I feel like a gun should be one of the most privileged rights in our country. You should have to go to gun training camp for weeks if not months to get one. It shouldn't be easy...put it this way for comparison purposes - it should be a helluva lot harder to carry a GUN then drive a car...and it's not. Not by a long shot.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:22 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I totally agree - isn't it way too easy to get a gun? That's kinda the crux to my point. I feel like a gun should be one of the most privileged rights in our country. You should have to go to gun training camp for weeks if not months to get one. It shouldn't be easy...put it this way for comparison purposes - it should be a helluva lot harder to carry a GUN then drive a car...and it's not. Not by a long shot.
well then New Jersey is for you. Very very tough laws... Not many carry permits issued at all.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
I agree with self protection and concealed carry with a permit. Learn the law, learn how to use it. You have heard it before - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Vern1 - YES you ARE missing something....

Oh, and by the way did I mention that opinions were not the point of the thread.

To address earlier and RELEVANT comments...The easy access holster mount in a vehicle for me is even more about convenience and safety than protection in the car. It's much easier to quickly and safely transfer the weapon in and out of the car with a conveniently mounted holster. There is no comfortable way to carry the gun on your person while driving so the only other convenient option is a suitable vehicle mounted holster. Glove compartment is a pain in the **** and quite frankly so is the side pocket on the door. The gun also clunks around in the side pocket and putting it in and taking it out is not convenient OR safe. I am really enjoying this newly discovered mount location. Easy in, easy out. Safe transfer. Easy access. LOVIN' IT
Originally Posted by vern1
Oh and by the way did I mention that I dont give a crap about what you think is welcome on this thread? You seem quite happy to hear the pro gun argument but god help anyone who questions the wisdom of driving around with a loaded hand gun.

So what am I missing and was is not relevant about my comment about just mounting it on the dash board?? You say the gun is a deterent so if people see it wont that deter them?? Why stick it under the dash board or beside the passenger?

I gave the dashboard idea a whirl but I kept getting funny looks....

PS. And for those of you who decided to give me negative rep points because of this thread, you are lame....you can buy a porsche, go buy some humor.
To others, please feel free to +1 bump me up again.

Last edited by SlateC2S; 08-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Check out the Concealed Carry Report advertisement at the top of the page!!
Pretty Cool....
Dear 6speed, as OP, I think I need some royalties. So much for those suggestions to remove the thread!

Go Romney/Ryan!!! (lets see if this works too!)

Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
devil boy is infamous around these parts

That's funny. I had to share that with a gun loving friend of mine.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM

PS. And for those of you who decided to give me negative rep points because of this thread, you are lame....you can buy a porsche, go buy some humor.

That is beautiful! You need a silencer for xmas....maybe a SBR? Hmmm

Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Check out the Concealed Carry Report advertisement at the top of the page!!
Pretty Cool....
Dear 6speed, as OP, I think I need some royalties. So much for those suggestions to remove the thread!
FYI.. the banner ad on the top is based on YOUR browsing history / cookies.

The ad will be different for everyone.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Thats great. I need to try that.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
dbinpv is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
that looks so much like my old sp-89..

MP5k. Full Auto and yes it is legal

Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
To each his own I guess but that's not what comes to mind when I "gun it"!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by mark12345
Unless they're at the shooting range, help me understand why would anyone need to carry a gun around... is it a form of protection? fun? help me understand...
Of course its a form of protectn! You never know when it may save your life - you can't predict when you may need it and I personally would rather not wish I had one if needed. I carry almost all the time. 100% of the time in my doori pocket.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dbinpv
MP5k. Full Auto and yes it is legal
Booh.. well jealous. They won't let us have these things in Washington state last I checked... .and there is that whole 'its a reasonable restriction' crap from 1986 that limits the civilian supply pool and pointlessly drives up the prices.

But its not exactly 'concealed' is it.

I'd rather have the MP5-SD .. that way it saves my hearing as I shoot it out of the car window.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911