997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Vltor is infamous around these parts
This thread must live on.

May this thread live on for centuries and so may the republic! These anti gunners are taught the nonsense they live and may even die from. Truth is, no one cares. NO ONE CARES to help you. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. PERIOD. You are also responsible for having and using a gun, and us gun guys know this-at least the majority. The ani gun teams usually live in areas that will eventually outlaw their beloved 911's and wish they had 1911's! HA.

I usually carry mine appendix and put my shirt over the grip so I can draw quickly and effectively in the event I need it to protect me or my family. I actually practice drawing from a seated position. I use an airsoft gun and hit my son as a target. He plays bad guy, I of course am the good guy. LOL. The libs will also think that last comment is abusive. The libral mind is a very different mindset and only acquired by being taught this nonsense.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fahrer
You must live in a scary area....
Criminals will come to your neighborhood too you know.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vltor
May this thread live on for centuries and so may the republic! These anti gunners are taught the nonsense they live and may even die from. Truth is, no one cares. NO ONE CARES to help you. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY. PERIOD. You are also responsible for having and using a gun, and us gun guys know this-at least the majority. The ani gun teams usually live in areas that will eventually outlaw their beloved 911's and wish they had 1911's! HA.

I usually carry mine appendix and put my shirt over the grip so I can draw quickly and effectively in the event I need it to protect me or my family. I actually practice drawing from a seated position. I use an airsoft gun and hit my son as a target. He plays bad guy, I of course am the good guy. LOL. The libs will also think that last comment is abusive. The libral mind is a very different mindset and only acquired by being taught this nonsense.

Not sure what this has to do with 997's but I'll bite but will leave politics out of it.

I have 4 handguns in 4 locations around our house. I never acquired a carry license because of words spoken to me by a close friend who's a criminal defense attorney. His words: " If you shoot someone to death outside the confines of your own home, your life will never be the same again. Even with a carry license you can still face prosecution and can still spend the rest of your life in prison." All based on circumstances, the most common one being witnesses. Who was the bad guy? Who initiated the conflict or who escalated it to where shooting someone to death became necessary? You can see how this can go in all kinds of directions and how dishonest (or honest) testimony by witnesses that may be friends of the victim can turn what the shooter felt was an act of self defense into murder of some degree.

I'm no youngster anymore, spent a lot of time in bars in younger years....some on the rough side. Now, my wife and I eat out with friends on a regular basis and I have yet to find myself in a situation where I wished I had a gun in my pocket to feel safe.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:30 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
This thread made my head hurt.

Anyhow, I'd place mine in the cavernous glove compartment or in the door pocket, the latter depending on the size of the pistol. I'd put my registration someplace other than where the pistol is being stored, just to avoid making a potential traffic stop any more nerve-wracking for the officer than it needs to be. Keep calm, and carry on!

Last edited by CoreyC2S; 07-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 PM
dynemd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Not sure what this has to do with 997's but I'll bite but will leave politics out of it.

I have 4 handguns in 4 locations around our house. I never acquired a carry license because of words spoken to me by a close friend who's a criminal defense attorney. His words: " If you shoot someone to death outside the confines of your own home, your life will never be the same again. Even with a carry license you can still face prosecution and can still spend the rest of your life in prison." All based on circumstances, the most common one being witnesses. Who was the bad guy? Who initiated the conflict or who escalated it to where shooting someone to death became necessary? You can see how this can go in all kinds of directions and how dishonest (or honest) testimony by witnesses that may be friends of the victim can turn what the shooter felt was an act of self defense into murder of some degree.
“It’s better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six”

Old 07-04-2019, 07:21 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
Won't engage on an already highly polarizing topic - just not the forum for that. What I will say is that it scares the ()!@$* outta me knowing there are people out there driving around with concealed loaded firearms....these pictures gave me a pit in my stomach. ugh....
Won’t engage but then you do.

Old 07-04-2019, 10:18 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dynemd
“It’s better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six”
Again, you'll be at the mercy of 12 men and women who most likely have listened to witness accounts by close friends of the victim. You think they'll be on your side? And to repeat, I'm getting old and have yet in a long life of hanging out at some rough bars, nice and not so nice restaurants followed by a walk in the dark to my car found myself in a situation where I wished I had a gun in my pocket. Maybe it depends on where people choose to hang out and how people choose to conduct themselves.

This is basically a non-issue in the rest of the civilized world so what we're dealing with here seems to feed on itself. "All these people with guns out in public.....I better get one too".

Old 07-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a CCW permit holder and take one of my Sigs with me anytime I go on a road trip in one of my Porsches. I don't need to be broken down on the side of the road with my family in one of my higher-profile vehicles and be a sitting duck for a highway pirate that might come by. With the human trafficking and kidnapping that's also getting more prevalent, and having 2 children, I should probably make myself carry everyday, but haven't yet.

It doesn't matter how tough you make the gun laws - criminals will still acquire and use them. All the strict gun laws do is make it more difficult for the good guys to level the playing field and protect themselves and their loved ones. Do we need automatic assault rifles - no, but handguns, shotguns, etc are all fair game. Should those who carry train and practice so they can do it safely - absolutely.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Astur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Petza914
I'm a CCW permit holder and take one of my Sigs with me anytime I go on a road trip in one of my Porsches. I don't need to be broken down on the side of the road with my family in one of my higher-profile vehicles and be a sitting duck for a highway pirate that might come by. With the human trafficking and kidnapping that's also getting more prevalent, and having 2 children, I should probably make myself carry everyday, but haven't yet.

It doesn't matter how tough you make the gun laws - criminals will still acquire and use them. All the strict gun laws do is make it more difficult for the good guys to level the playing field and protect themselves and their loved ones. Do we need automatic assault rifles - no, but handguns, shotguns, etc are all fair game. Should those who carry train and practice so they can do it safely - absolutely.
Totally agree!!! I'm also very fond of Sig-Sauer's as I carry (CCW) a P365.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Astur
Totally agree!!! I'm also very fond of Sig-Sauer's as I carry (CCW) a P365.
👍

I have a P226 Legion, P938 as my CCW with Technik clip for appendix carry, and 1911 Ultra Compact two-tone - all 9mms.

Because I have kids at home, all the home guns have an Identilock biometric trigger lock on them - it's awesome if you're not familiar with it. All but the 938 also have Crimson Trace grip activated lasers. They don't make one for the 938, so it has a trigger guard laser. Carbon Fiber grips too.

Last edited by Petza914; 07-05-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Astur is infamous around these parts
👍

I have a P226 Legion, P938 as my CCW with Technik clip for appendix carry, and 1911 Ultra Compact two-tone - all 9mms.

Because I have kids at home, all the home guns have an Identilock biometric trigger lock on them - it's awesome if you're not familiar with it. All but the 938 also have Crimson Trace grip activated lasers. They don't make one for the 938, so it has a trigger guard laser. Carbon Fiber grips too.

Pete, on the odd chance of ever meeting I will give you ample notice beforehand....

Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Too late for tougher gun laws. There are already more firearms than people in the US. As I said earlier, I think the bigger question is how you "level the playing field" and protect yourself and your loved ones without getting yourself knee deep in trouble. As with everything else there are exceptions but if you kill someone with a gun in a restaurant, bar, parking lot, sidewalk, on the side of a highway or wherever, you will more than likely find yourself in a courtroom sooner or later. And again, you'll be at the mercy of 12 jurors and whatever witnesses there are and to what extent those witnesses are telling the truth or not. They may think they're telling the truth but if they are testifying on behalf of the dead person, chances are they see things different than you did and where does it go from there?

I don't disagree with your desire to protect yourself and your loved ones. I have the same desire. I just know enough attorneys who all have said in no uncertain terms: "Don't think you can go to court after killing someone and be acquitted with the only defense being that you have a carry license and you felt threatened. It usually gets more complicated than that".

Again, I have 4 guns in my house so I'm not against them. I've just chosen not to get a carry license by weighing the odds of ever finding myself in a situation where I had to use it against the probable legal chaos I would find myself in after using it.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:29 AM
FormerExpert is infamous around these parts
Being a retired ATF Agent and a Miami Police Officer prior to that, I’m all for people protecting themselves but worry about some folks that love guns but have never been in shoot/don’t shoot scenarios. Even trained law enforcement officers get it wrong at times. I was in a few shootings and made the right judgements only because I had received the best training to prepare me for those situations.

In this anti gun culture we live in, District Attorney’s are quick to indict the shooter whenever the facts are the least bit cloudy. Having said that, on balance arming yourself is smart, just get as much training as possible, and not just shooting at targets.
As an example, my 2nd career was as a college coach. Coming back from watching a high school game one night in Georgia I stopped in Atlanta for gas. I was driving a 2005 997 at the time. As I got out of the car a man approached me from the passenger side of the car. In short, he told me he was going to take the car from me. I was 60 at the time and looked vulnerable to this young guy. I pulled up my shirt to reveal my handgun tucked in my waistband and invited him to come take the car from me if he thought that was a good idea. He thought better of it and walked away.

So, yes there is the potential for drawing criminal’s attention while driving these cars
If you opt to carry a gun, get some training and realize that making shoot/don’t shoot decisions are not as easy as you see on Netflix.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by FormerExpert
Being a retired ATF Agent and a Miami Police Officer prior to that, I’m all for people protecting themselves but worry about some folks that love guns but have never been in shoot/don’t shoot scenarios. Even trained law enforcement officers get it wrong at times. I was in a few shootings and made the right judgements only because I had received the best training to prepare me for those situations.

In this anti gun culture we live in, District Attorney’s are quick to indict the shooter whenever the facts are the least bit cloudy. Having said that, on balance arming yourself is smart, just get as much training as possible, and not just shooting at targets.
As an example, my 2nd career was as a college coach. Coming back from watching a high school game one night in Georgia I stopped in Atlanta for gas. I was driving a 2005 997 at the time. As I got out of the car a man approached me from the passenger side of the car. In short, he told me he was going to take the car from me. I was 60 at the time and looked vulnerable to this young guy. I pulled up my shirt to reveal my handgun tucked in my waistband and invited him to come take the car from me if he thought that was a good idea. He thought better of it and walked away.

So, yes there is the potential for drawing criminal’s attention while driving these cars
If you opt to carry a gun, get some training and realize that making shoot/don’t shoot decisions are not as easy as you see on Netflix.
Exactly what I eluded to in my post above. How many people with a gun and a carry license would have acted the way you did? Shooting someone unarmed to death for trying to steal your car would probably add up to trouble for the shooter. If approached at gunpoint, different story that I have no idea how it would be looked upon in a court room.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:23 PM
StevesCarrera is infamous around these parts
As a LTC holder and a License to Carry Instructor in Texas, I carry everyday of the week. The moment I walk out the door I have my pistol on me. Many times people have asked "What are you afraid of?" my reply is nothing. But I am constantly prepared for the worst. I am also a licensed Private Security Guard, and a Personal Body Guard all licensed by the State of Texas. The number of people that can tell I am carrying is nobody. I do remove my full size 5" Government 1911 Nighthawk when I get in the car. I carry an extra holster and imply place it in that holster behind one of the front seats as I drive. The firearm is very secure at all times, and the pistol never leaves my sight. Being aware at all times is your best defense. Not putting yourself in situations that can go bad quickly. Always have a safe way out of anywhere you go. I shoot on average 2-3000 rounds a year, practice my draw and presentation many times daily, before going to work, coming home at lunch, returning to work, and after I get home. without training you won't be able to protect yourself if the need comes, I tell all my students in my LTC Classes, getting your LTC License is like when you got drivers license at 18. You still really don't know much about driving, but the license says you get to. Learning and and more practice is a must.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911