997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
Reading up on the Switzerland thing - this is really interesting. I'm not conceding the point! ... but I'm intrigued - thanks for sharing.
Its okay to admit defeat it shows a true man lol!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Reading up on the Switzerland thing - this is really interesting. I'm not conceding the point! ... but I'm intrigued - thanks for sharing.
desperate people do desperate things. Don't buy into any stats that don't make as assessment of the number of desperate people in any given statistical sample. Huh? Can't really do that now, can we? Bottom line, it goes WAY beyond crime versus gun laws. WAY beyond.

Also, I know perfectly law abiding citizens who have permits to carry and who crave the day when some idiot attempts to commit a crime in their presence. People like that give me every bit as much pause as the nut cases who are committing the crimes.

It's a divisive issue, and you will NOT change anybody's mind. Won't happen.

All this said, I do think OP should keep the gun plenty handy, but I would add a little yellow caution sign that reads "loaded hand gun on board". Could put it right above the driver's head on wind screen.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by eldertec
This Thread is about important on this site as...me starting a Thread about, do you Flick your Boogers out the window, or into the Floor.
Now if my sunroof is open, of course they go skyward. Maybe I can put them in my Holster,...Yah, a Booger Holster!
good one.

Is it really **THAT** big of a deal that it went slightly off-topic from the original point of the thread (which I think was lost / fully discussed about 50 posts ago).

Anyway - I actually think this has been a fairly interesting / respectful debate. I don't take offense to any of it NOR do I think it's a cardinal sin that's it's OFF TOPIC HOLY **** OH MY GOD!!

tudaloo

Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Booger Holster!!

Originally Posted by eldertec
This Thread is about important on this site as...me starting a Thread about, do you Flick your Boogers out the window, or into the Floor.
Now if my sunroof is open, of course they go skyward. Maybe I can put them in my Holster,...Yah, a Booger Holster!
Eldertec - Good one! Booger holster!! lmfao
I am all for lightening things up 'round here....JEEZ...most of MY posts have me giggling myself to sleep at night - I've enjoyed stirring it up.
I love you all for having porsches

Old 08-12-2012, 09:56 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
good one.

Is it really **THAT** big of a deal that it went slightly off-topic from the original point of the thread (which I think was lost / fully discussed about 50 posts ago).

Anyway - I actually think this has been a fairly interesting / respectful debate. I don't take offense to any of it NOR do I think it's a cardinal sin that's it's OFF TOPIC HOLY **** OH MY GOD!!

tudaloo
+1. Loosen up the twist or the wad! Which ever one has bent out of shape!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 AM
kchociej is infamous around these partskchociej is infamous around these parts
Not many weeks ago - some crazy nut walked into a movie theater and killed 12 people in cold blood.

Every weapon he had - he obtained LEGALLY with all your background checks and waiting periods.

This is one example of many.

Until you guys figure out how to prevent this from happening with weapons acquired through your means of screening - it's not working - and people are dead.

It's easier to get a gun then a drivers license. It's crazy. It's defunct.

So long as this **** happens - I have a hard time listening to your arguments. Sorry.

EDIT - it's crazy - guns should be the hardest privilege to obtain legally in our society because they're purpose-built killing tools. There should be a several YEAR waiting list - with weeks of psychiatric testing to hold a gun - not DAYS/WEEK with your half-a..sed "background" check. It's completely ****ed.
You cite one example to support your case. Yes, he was a legal gun owner that did something unthinkable.

What about all of the other many, many...MANY more criminals who use illegal weapons to commit crimes?

I'm not trying to change people's opinions on guns, I want people to see both sides of the argument clearly. I believe there should be a level playing field for the criminals and law abiding citizens.

I think there should be a long course similar to a driver's license where you need to show hours of range time, tests...etc. To carry a gun legally because there are legal gun carriers that have no clue what is going on. (If you ever observed a CCW qualify class you'll see the many permit applicants have no clue what is going on with their weapon)

By taking away the right to bear arms for law abiding citizens you give the criminals a huge advantage since they know all of their victims are unarmed.

Just look at how the crime in UK sky rocketed after their gun ban went into effect.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM
vern1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Gentlemen (ladies?), if you bother to read the thread you will clearly see that I don't care for any opinions pro or con - that was not the intention of the thread. I don't intend to sway your opinion, nor will you sway mine. However, If you care to share then don't get your panties in a twist (wad?) when someone responds in a contrary way.

Just for the record a firearm is is used to kill someone, period. Nothing less, nothing more. Anyone who carries - or suggests to carry a firearm as a deterrent or as a threat should not be carrying a firearm, period.

And to keep it relevant, mounting a firearm on a dashboard would be a little socially awkward. However if I thought it was the safest and most convenient way to carry in my vehicle. I would do it gleefully.

PS. Whoohoo!! This Is the most fun I've had in ages!!
Ok I agree with you that a guns only purpose is to kill someone, period. The rest of your premise is absurd.

So you'd just pull out your concealed firearm and shoot someone, rather than have it where they can see it and therefore the situation never escalates to the point where the gun is actually needed. And all because its socially awkward?

Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 AM
dbinpv is infamous around these parts
keep it simple

but plan for the unexpected

Attached Images    
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM
devil boy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dbinpv
but plan for the unexpected
Nice!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Purple Squirrel is infamous around these parts
As dbinpv stated, plan for the unexpected because whether or not those opposed to possessing a firearm like it or want to admit it, its the unexpected that gets people hurt or killed.

I like the holster under the steering wheel but as I said earlier my training would most likely have me put the weapon between the seat and the center console.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 AM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
I was wrong

It's good to know there are brave souls out there with concealed permits carrying to protect us:

http://news.yahoo.com/man-accidental...053240527.html

**EDIT** Oh sorry I mean accidentally shooting at us. Sorry - misread the article.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
It's good to know there are brave souls out there with concealed permits carrying to protect us:

http://news.yahoo.com/man-accidental...053240527.html

**EDIT** Oh sorry I mean accidentally shooting at us. Sorry - misread the article.
That article is an example that there is a proper way (and an improper way) to carry a firearm.(which is good to consider as to the OP) This is very common....

Old 08-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
That article is an example that there is a proper way (and an improper way) to carry a firearm.(which is good to consider as to the OP) This is very common....
"this is very common"

EXACTLY!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Kris79 is infamous around these parts
man that so illegal in cali. we gotta keep our guns locked up in our cars. i just throw my ar15 in the back roll bar and glock in my trunk

Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
that looks so much like my old sp-89..

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 08-15-2012 at 11:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911