997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Christopher Sterling, superb service..excellent prices...SoCal Porsche guy resource.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:55 PM
BigLouie is infamous around these parts
Christopher Sterling, superb service..excellent prices...SoCal Porsche guy resource.

I called Chris early last week about working on our 09 PDK 911..

His contact info:

8797 Irvine Center Dr. Ste L
Irvine Ca, 92618
Inside Grand Auto works
(949) 727-1900 office
(949) 705-9416 cell

Work I had done:

1) Gundo hack. (PSE Hack)
2) Software tune.
3) Air filers.

We agreed to swing by and have him do his magic a couple days later. His shop was easy to find..clean and impressive.

The car had a small buffer burn mark on the rear engine cover....something I have been meaning to have fixed. Chris noticed it and had his trusted paint and body guy fix it. Chris was able to have the part refinished and painted the same day...the work done was excellent.

The Gundo and the software tune transformed the car...(we had the sport and sport + added by the dealer a couple weeks before.)

Being 100% honest I was disappointed with the car before this work was done...I thought it was WAY TOO soft...too much of a GT car and not really a sports car. Now, its a GT car with a serious sports car when you want it.

This is the wifes ride but, I suspect we may be sharing it a little more often than she would like.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
I'm interested in the gundo hack. How does it sound? What did he charge did he charge?

Old 08-05-2012, 08:40 PM
BigLouie is infamous around these parts
It sounds perfect....its not too loud and has no boom...at any RPM. There is a nice burble on override. Cold start sounds the same..maybe a snitch louder so this mod is neighbor friendly. WOT is a riot...

I think Chris charged $3-400....for everything thing. Very reasonable and he did it same day. Local SoCal muffler shops were 1) Too expensive 2) Shops were crap holes and I didnt want to leave the Porsche there let alone wait for them to complete the mod.

If you are in and around SoCal...Chris is your man.