997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

just thought i'd ask,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
just thought i'd ask,

would love to see macadamia brown 997's, i'll start...

Attached Images    
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Love it. There's one by my house that I see driving around and my wife and I are in love with the color.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Great color combo!

Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, NC had a new 991 cab in that color with the lighter colored top, and interior, beautiful!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Flip is infamous around these parts
Here is mine. Some say it will limit resale...don't care.

Attached Images    
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flip
don't listen to "some". Its stunning

Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kkswow12
would love to see macadamia brown 997's, i'll start...
When are you getting LED's for that sweet ride?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I wish I could have found this color, especially being here in Hawaii. I was tempted by a Mac Cayman (even had MACNUT as the plate) a couple years ago, but, you know, its no 911.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by krysFly
don't listen to "some". Its stunning
Thanks. I spec'd the color among other options in my build to order. Very satisfied.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
flip, is your car lowered? if so with what...thanks, and goodlookingood

Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
When are you getting LED's for that sweet ride?
if you mean the tails, they're in, i think the first shot has them, they're not dectanes, i have to take better pics...and, thanks, it is sweet...close to the bone kinda sweet

Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
A few shots of mine...

Attached Images    
Old 08-10-2012, 05:47 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
if you mean the tails, they're in, i think the first shot has them, they're not dectanes, i have to take better pics...and, thanks, it is sweet...close to the bone kinda sweet
Upon further inspection...yes I can see they are LED's. I had a pair of that same brand. They look real close to stock lights, yet LED's....however after seeing the Dectane style...I went for those. They just look better at night....IMHO.

I haven't seen this color in person, but the pictures of it are just amazing. Maybe one day I'll see one in person to get a close up of that color.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
They are absolutely correct! It will "limit resale" to those who possess self assured individuality and exquisite taste in color palettes.

Seriously, though. In the very short time we've had our mac, we've received nothing but compliments on the color. Although it may not sit well on other makes or body styles, in my (totally unbiased, of course) opinion, it suits the classic, sweeping, sensuous lines of a 911/Cayman quite nicely. Another plus is that you'll be able to pick your own car out at a glance from all the white, black, grey, blue, or red P-cars when attending a PCA gathering.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 AM
flip, is your car lowered? if so with what...thanks, and goodlookingood
My GTS has the sport suspension which is installed at the factory. I believe it represents a 20MM lower set than the non sport suspension.

update: confirmed on Porsche configuration....sport suspension option:

Sports Suspension (-20 mm) Including Mechanical Rear Differential Lock

Last edited by Flip; 08-10-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
They are absolutely correct! It will "limit resale" to those who possess self assured individuality and exquisite taste in color palettes.

Seriously, though. In the very short time we've had our mac, we've received nothing but compliments on the color. Although it may not sit well on other makes or body styles, in my (totally unbiased, of course) opinion, it suits the classic, sweeping, sensuous lines of a 911/Cayman quite nicely. Another plus is that you'll be able to pick your own car out at a glance from all the white, black, grey, blue, or red P-cars when attending a PCA gathering.
I was at a local PCA event this past weekend with about 40 cars. Lots of black, silver, and red. One macadamia metallic Nothing but compliments with one guy saying that my GTS looks "serious" which is intentional, especially with the black wheels. Until you see macadamia metallic in person, some shy away as the paint chips / on line stuff just doesn't translate very well. Good thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just thought i'd ask,