997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

service loaners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
I had Audi A4, LR3, and the smallest Land Rover ( I can't remember the name ) from Pcar dealer.

From BMW dealer, always a 3 series.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Jasper1 is infamous around these parts
Always get a Porsche at my dealer (Leith Porsche of Cary).

Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 AM
griffinto is infamous around these parts
I always receive a Panamera.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Panamara from the dealer I purchased, but they are downtown (about 25 miles each way), Nissan Altima from the dealer closest to me.

Don't mind the Nissan Altima as I had never driven one before, but made me highly anticipate getting my car returned - no power. Other than that it was fine.

Dave

Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
so the SA called and told me that a loaner was available as it was just returned (good news), and they had to do a bit more work on the car (bad news). picked it up yesterday, anyway this is much better.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM
chi4s is infamous around these parts
volkswagen jetta from Posche of Napleton in Westmont. and I had to wait almost a half hour for the rental company to drop it off at the dealership. Very disappointed.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
I did once get a Smart car, they were plugging them when they first came to the states. You wanna talk about no power

Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
Always a Porsche loaner at Winner Porsche of Delaware. Panameras and Cayennes.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I usually get a POS Kia or some other car from Korea as my local dealership (and I think PCNA) has a deal with Enterprise. So I know request a Jeep or similar. Two out of the last three times I was even given a Pepper. The last one was '12 model. When I went to pick up my car they asked how I liked it. Told them I was seriously considering it as another car! Smart on their part.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
I get a Cayenne or a Boxster.

They did put me in a Q5 one time because I stopped by unannounced and without an appointment. They were apologetic they couldn't put me in a Porsche.

When I had my M3 I got everything from a 128 to a 335 vert. I spent a lot of time in loaners with that car.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
I've had everything from a loaded A8L with 100 miles on the clock down to a filthy KIA (they had run out of loaners so had to send me over to Enterprise...)
Usually its either an A4 wagon or a base Boxter/Cayman.
I think its just luck of the draw and what they have available when you bring the car in. Personally, if its just for a few hours I don't care what I get as long as it stops, starts and turns.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting expectations. I own a car (well a few). It's my responsibility to take care of the car and to keep up with all the maintenance. I've owned cars for over 30 years, and NEVER expect anyone to provide me anything. That's really one of the issues with our country today, people expect someone to provide them something.... for nothing other than doing what car owners have to do. I'm happy my dealer drives me home or to my office, that's more than I expect. Unless it's part of your purchase contract, and I doubt that, why would you expect anything more than what they give you for free?

Last edited by denversteve; 08-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by denversteve
Interesting expectations. I own a car (well a few). It's my responsibility to take care of the car and to keep up with all the maintenance. I've owned cars for over 30 years, and NEVER expect anyone to provide me anything. That's really one of the issues with our country today, people expect someone to provide them something.... for nothing other than doing what car owners have to do. I'm happy my dealer drives me home or to my office, that's more than I expect. Unless it's part of your purchase contract, and I doubt that, why would you expect anything more than what they give you for free?
Nothing's free Steve. If you are paying dealer rates for service then the cost is built in.

However, I do EXPECT to be treated better at a Porsche dealership than at a Chevy dealer. It is part of the luxury of owning a car like a Porsche.

An example: the Lexus dealer charges $140 for an oil change, the Toyota dealer charges $39. Do you think your loaner vehicle and complimentary cappuccino is free? Is that what is wrong with society? To want what you pay for?

Give me $40 oil changes at the Porsche dealer and I don't even need them to give me a lift on the shuttle. If I'm paying $200 I better be getting something for my money.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I hear you but you, I, and everyone else knew what the price of admission was prior to buying into a premium brand. If your dealer provides loaners for oil changes, more power to you. I've never even asked and I buy and frequent the highest volume Porsche dealer in the state. Want a $40 oil change, you're right, buy a Chevy.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
My dealer is Porsche, MB and Audi and I always get a Porsche or MB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: service loaners